'93 MX-3 GS vs. '93 Civic Si

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
the bone stock kid

'93 MX-3 GS vs. '93 Civic Si

Post by the bone stock kid »

This is my situation, my buddy keeps bugging me to race him in his Si, he wants to run me at Grand Bend motorplex near Sarnia (for all the Ontario residents) anyway, hes pretty damn confident that he can whoop me, and honestly i think he will too, lol. But im not 100% sure, thats why i need to get some advice before traveling 2 1/2 hours to get fed by a civic! We're both pretty much stock, I have new plugs, wires, rubber and a K+N filter. His tires are fairly new, hes got a filter, and a new clutch a little while ago (might have a muffler by the time I decide to accept his challenge, heh) . Oh yeah, for all the Americans, the canadian Si has like 127 hp. Not 160 like the U.S. version. Lemme know what ya think, thanks in advance.
OsoSlo z28

Re: '93 MX-3 GS vs. '93 Civic Si

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

this will come down to who is the better driver.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
RobB6T

Post by RobB6T »

If you really want to womp on him, install NOS and don't tell him. Otherwise you probally will beat him, his "Si" is the EX in America, they're slow
Rob
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I think you might be able to take him it will be close just work on your launches.....try 3000 and dumping the clucth and work from there....you could take out your back seats and passenger seat.....and pull your resonator just for alittle less weight and such.... good luck man....I live in london and would like to see this race
Steve
the bone stock kid

Yeah i figured it would be a tough race. I dont like to brag but I am quite good at launching. I just bring the revs up to about 3-3.5 and pump the gas lightly about three times in a second give or take a bit. From there on I just dump the clutch (this is after I heat the tires with a burnout) and this new rubber grabs like mad, lol. Is there any way I can increase my chances of winning with any type of shifting techniques? Oh and Steve, I'll let you know if I decide to run him, cause I WILL have to brag about beating him, heheh.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank Addesi:<BR><STRONG>Yeah i figured it would be a tough race. I dont like to brag but I am quite good at launching. I just bring the revs up to about 3-3.5 and pump the gas lightly about three times in a second give or take a bit. From there on I just dump the clutch (this is after I heat the tires with a burnout) and this new rubber grabs like mad, lol. Is there any way I can increase my chances of winning with any type of shifting techniques? Oh and Steve, I'll let you know if I decide to run him, cause I WILL have to brag about beating him, heheh.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>if youre on street tires, not doing a burnout will help. Street tires dont like heat.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
the bone stock kid

protege,<P>it wont help at ALL? i dunno if its just me but it seems to grab a little better if the tires are warmer. ah well i'll take your advice and save my rubber since you seem to be one of the must knowledgeable people on this board, thanks.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Burnouts on street tires is a waste of money.. Or a good way to show off..<P>Granted if i were to take him on i would run a higher octane gas and advance my timing as much as i could...
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank Addesi:<BR><STRONG>protege,<P>it wont help at ALL? i dunno if its just me but it seems to grab a little better if the tires are warmer. ah well i'll take your advice and save my rubber since you seem to be one of the must knowledgeable people on this board, thanks.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>if the staging area is rocky, you should just do a quick spin to get rid of rocks and dirt off the tires...but NOT a real burnout.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

How about digging holes with the tires? would that count :roll:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

why would you want to burn out one tire? mx-3 doesn't have limited slip remember?
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

i would like to comment on some mis-information here...the civic you are racing is a '93 Si...the 93 Si's had 127hp, and 105tq, trust me, i used to have one. only the 99-00 Si's had 160...just wanted to add my voice
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJGypsy:<BR><STRONG>i would like to comment on some mis-information here...the civic you are racing is a '93 Si...the 93 Si's had 127hp, and 105tq, trust me, i used to have one. only the 99-00 Si's had 160...just wanted to add my voice</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Who said anything about 160hp? Youre the first one to bring it up.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pedro:<BR><STRONG>why would you want to burn out one tire? mx-3 doesn't have limited slip remember?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It'll light up both.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”