1/4 Mile Times

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
pmpdaddy19

1/4 Mile Times

Post by pmpdaddy19 »

I would like to know what everyone is running that runs in the 1/4 mile and what mods you have done to achieve your times...I ran a 16.5 with only cold air and exhaust. It was the first time I have ever ran on the track and it was pro-tree so I think I could do better..
ProtegeSTS

Re: 1/4 Mile Times

Post by ProtegeSTS »

with a horrible launch and a slipping clutch... 16.7@83<P>gotta love 1.3 second reaction times [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

94 4banger......dumping the clutch and spinnin almost all the way through first gear...... 18.3 @ 74mpg *i think the mph are right....* <P>I couldn't stop dumping the clutch all night long......<P>First time at the track.....won't be the last though......
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

17.9sec @ 75mph with stock 93 rs (SOHC) and completely worn tires<P>First time at the track (reaallly crappy take off)<P>Next summer I'm gonna have new tires, ram air intake and if I can get the money, a performance exhaust.<P>I expect to be in the low 17 with that and of course, better take off. Am I dreaming? :D
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>with a horrible launch and a slipping clutch... 16.7@83<P>gotta love 1.3 second reaction times [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Same launch and clutch situation, but 16.0 @ 85.7mph. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>Oh yeah, and RT doesnt matter unless youre bracket racing [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] :P
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
pmpdaddy19

Post by pmpdaddy19 »

The second time I ran I pulled up to the line and a turbo supra pulls up next to me. He staged up quickly and ran a 12 something. I had like a 2 second reaction time out of shock...Oh well, like you said my RT didn't affect my ET. What about the B&M Short Throw, does it help?? Or would anyone recommend another company??
pmpdaddy19

Post by pmpdaddy19 »

What about pacesetter and SRD?? Are the anygood. The reason I ask is that the B&M is expensive as s---. Just trying to find a way around it.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><P>Same launch and clutch situation, but 16.0 @ 85.7mph. :p
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
farney

Post by farney »

I have never been to the track with my 92 RS but I did use the G-tech meter on my car for an approximate 1/4 mile. I got 17.02 on my first try and never did any better. Since then I have added the Pacesetter exhaust and CAI. The car was bone stock then and probably sucking in hot air from my shitty intake I had. I know that G-techs aren't exact like the track but my friends who have been to the track and used the G-tech meter under similar conditions have seen about a .1 second difference on either side. Not a bad estimate......
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
v6turbo323hatch

Post by v6turbo323hatch »

My best was a 13.2s@109mph. This was on drag radials at 12 PSI tire pressure (13 PSI on the driver side). My 60' was 1.9s and the launch was a semi-babyied one - the MX3 drive shafts don't hold up well to my combo.<P>Most of the time I'm between mid 13s and low 14s, my setup this year was very untuned/reliable.<P>I had the following problems:<BR>Drive shafts snapping if I launch hard/>4400 RPM/hook too well<BR>Stock ignition not working well >5500 RPM<BR>Boost leaks (assorted)<BR>Fueling issues with my FMU/2 extra injector setup<P>I'm having some chromoly drive shafts fabbed up to fix #1.<P>Have a MSD 6BTM for #2.<P>Have fixed #3 I hope.<P>We'll see what happens in 2002.<P>Oh yeah, I have a 1991 FWD Mazda 323, v6 KL03 engine, T3/T4 hybrid turbo, Greddy FM intercooler, etc. She weighs about 2400 lbs (will be less in 2002) and she should be good for mid/low 12s in street trim/drag radials. Running 10 PSI boost.
Esper

Post by Esper »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Haven't been to a track yet (broken differential) but self timed on 1/4 mile stretch running around 13-14sec 1/4 mile at about 90-95mph with a stock J-Spec B6T DOHC Turbo in my 93 MX-3 RS-R. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wouldn't that make your car an RS-T then?<BR>as long as you're gonna redesignate it, you should do it right, man.
Dude.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Esper:<BR><STRONG><P>wouldn't that make your car an RS-T then?<BR>as long as you're gonna redesignate it, you should do it right, man.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well, if we're going to go by naming conventions, it would be a base-T, as there was never a RS in the United States. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

Well, my best E.T. is still 13.79 @ 103.5 MPH with a 2.3 sec 60ft.<BR>My fastest trap speed was 107 MPH, but that was with a 14.1 E.T.<P><B>Lots</B> of power, almost no traction. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>Of course, I refuse to spend money on drag radials (because I am a cheap bastard) so these times on on street tires (BFG) at street pressures (37 PSI).<P>My Miata is now in similar territory, but the drag strips are all closed for the winter so I will have to wait until the spring to get a real slip.<p>[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: mazdamaniac ]
OneFastMiata

Post by OneFastMiata »

MazdaManiac, we may know each other. You on the miata.net forum?

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”