SHOWDOWN AT THE DRAG STRIP!!!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
HowLeTT

SHOWDOWN AT THE DRAG STRIP!!!

Post by HowLeTT »

It was a cool crisp autumn night at the track. I was lined up in the left lane, and a 95 mustang 6 cylinder automatic was in the right lane. As the tree dropped, the fans went silent and an eerie calm set over the whole track. We unleashed our beasts and went flying down the track. I crossed the line moments after he did, what a rush! 16.7 to 17.0, I was so close!<P>Nothing beats the long wait for that breathtaking run down the drag strip, I tell ya. The whole experience was priceless.<P>A glorious two hour drive to the nearest track started things off, and it was only $20 for two runs with five hours of sitting around waiting! What more could anyone ask for?<P> No street racing stories... :roll: <P>A story does not kill someone. It's an entertaining way of describing the results of hard work on a car. Whether it's at the strip or on the street, it's still just a story. People don't get in a race just to be able to write a story about it later.. if that were the case they'd just make one up.<P>The board owners/admins have a right to decide what is appropriate for the board and what isnt', but I also have a right to disagree.<p>[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: HowLeTT ]
ProtegeSTS

Re: SHOWDOWN AT THE DRAG STRIP!!!

Post by ProtegeSTS »

if you want a real rush, try autocrossing. The feel in your knees the first time you hop out of the car is incredible. Such a rush
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
HowLeTT

Post by HowLeTT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>if you want a real rush, try autocrossing. The feel in your knees the first time you hop out of the car is incredible. Such a rush</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree :) Autocrossing is so awesome. The 2nd generation Probe GT handles exceptionally well from the factory, and the suspension mods I have done have made it qutie a capable machine in the autox. What every driver quickly learns though is that its not the car on the course that's most important, but the driver behind the wheel! It's amazing how much people can improve in just a few laps around an autox course. You learn just how valuable your brakes are, looking ahead in the course, etc. It's a shame that it's not as popular as drag racing seems to be these days, alot of people would really enjoy it.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

right you are.....everyone should at least try it. Heck, i tried that 1/4 mile stuff once.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

Hey, anyone knows a place i can go to to autocross, near philadelphia?
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<A HREF="http://autox4u.com/philly.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://autox4u.com/philly.htm</A> <P>this should help put you in the right direction.<P>as far as tracks go, you have pocono raceway and rausch creek<p>[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Manach

Post by Manach »

Excuse my english, but what is autocrossing? Is that like rally??<P>Thanks for a reply...
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
white fish

Post by white fish »

yep ;)
EvilSandon

Post by EvilSandon »

Autocrossing is bad a--....<P>I did that once in ym Probe when it was pretty much stock. Even though it was an automatic....it was still mad fun :)
§åñÐøñ £€††ï€rï<BR>†hå† §øçîå£ï§† KïÐ<BR><I>1993 Prø߀ G†-K£Z€</I><BR><B>§ø Måñ¥ MøЧ Ï ƒørg€† H壃 øƒ †h€m</B>

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HowLeTT:<BR><STRONG>As the tree dropped, the fans went silent and an eerie calm set over the whole track. </STRONG><P>yaeh, cuz no one gives a s--- <BR><STRONG><BR>the long wait for that breathtaking run down the drag strip, </STRONG><P>didn't take my breath away, got about 30 0r 40 deed breaths in 17 seconds<P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”