Angle'd Exhaust

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
maddzoom

Angle'd Exhaust

Post by maddzoom »

Does anyone have an angle'd exhuast pointed up or to the right or both i know jon does on his bad *** car which is in the the new import tuner, but if some has this can u take a pic of it and what it looks like cuase i don't know how to run my pipe'ing so if some one could do that, that would be great THanx
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Angle'd Exhaust

Post by Mnemonic »

im not sure if john removed his spare tire well or not but some would say you have to do that inorder to do dual exhaust, this is not entirely true you can keep it and just run an extreme angle off the Y pipe, there is a guy on cardomain that has it done, ill try to find the pic later and post it
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

He's not talking about dual exhaust, he's talking about the style that alot of Supra's have. One single ricer can pointed up and away. Many people refer to this as J-spec style, since over in Japan alot of tuners do that for better exhaust flow. I was thinking of doing it myself but I kind of like my dual tip muffler and it definitely would not look right :p
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
He's not talking about dual exhaust, he's talking about the style that alot of Supra's have. One single ricer can pointed up and away. Many people refer to this as J-spec style, since over in Japan alot of tuners do that for better exhaust flow. I was thinking of doing it myself but I kind of like my dual tip muffler and it definitely would not look right :p
its actually called an apexi n1 catback. that brand started it all. if you want to do it the retro way and get it to look right, have someone stand 3 feet away from your car and 3 feet to the right of your car. then have someone else hold the muffler and have them move it around until its perfectly straight to that person standing back there. finally have a welder weld some hangers for you to hold that muffler in. THEN run your piping that way. you'll need at least 2 4ft. sections of I-piping and 3 u-pipes.

mx3man is your dual tip the one where its one muffler with two tips or two mufflers put together? ive seen the two mufflers put together mounted this way and it looks alright.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

technically HKS started it. there hiper exhaust ahs been out a few more years then the apexi n1. but the apexi n1 made it popular. as for mine. well i ran a straight 3 inch pipe all the way back under the gas tank, and under the spare tire well, then i have that one bend to give it that angle. so besides the downpipe my exhaust only has one bend.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I didn't say what company started it and i don't think it realy matters, but it originated in J-spec vehicles. Marsh, I have the DTM style muffler, in other words it's one muffler with two pipes coming out and then pointing up towards the end. Oh, and I don't feel like getting rid of it and getting a ricer can because, believe it or not, my KLZE almost sounds v-8'ish. I am afraid if I try this ricer can style muffler it will affect the sound in a negative way.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
I am afraid if I try this ricer can style muffler it will affect the sound in a negative way.
not necessarily actually... the way your muffler piping is routed doesn't affect the sound, just mostly the muffler/cat/resonator/exhaust pulses, etc.

anyway i dont think they're ricey. i think they look clean and look really good on most cars such as 240, supra, rx-7, etc. just they look good on 'some' cars. now something like altezzas or huge wings are ricey, but a nice muffler isn't rice. http://www.geocities.com/driftingboogie/mx3.htm (does that sound like rice to you? ;) )
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I don't think we're on the same page here. I'm not saying your car is ricey, I call them ricer cans because that's the most fitting description for them. They are a big can that only rice burners have. Simple as that. I was saying that I'm afraid that it's going to affect my sound because it's guaranteed it will, not because of any bends or whatever. It's a given, if you switch from one type of muffler to another, your sound is going to change. I know that I love how mine sounds now, so i don't want to spend and possibly waste money on something I don't really need.
My Cardomain site
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
as for mine. well i ran a straight 3 inch pipe all the way back under the gas tank, and under the spare tire well, then i have that one bend to give it that angle. so besides the downpipe my exhaust only has one bend.
yes I am an agitator :D

If you went to the troubble of building your exhaust so that it goes straight, WHY put a BEND in it? :D

:D is something burning? some rice maybe? :D

To answer the question, just buy a ractive fireball muffler, it will bolt to your stock exhaust system and it has the bends in it to make it point in the ricy way you want.

also, Rice is when you bolt on any part that was origonally intended for performance (more commonly and immitation performance part) just for the looks.

EG: angled muffler, lowering springs, carbonfiber hood, indiglo gauges, rims, skirt package.

High performance cars need these out on nesesity, a 4 Cyl shoc 88 h.p. auto mx-3 does not.
Befor you put it on your car ask your self, do I NEED this for the performance of my car, if the answer is no then its RICE.

Prove me wrong if you can.

<small>[ November 02, 2003, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: curtklze ]</small>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
msbmx3

Post by msbmx3 »

:werd:
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by curtklze:
Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
as for mine. well i ran a straight 3 inch pipe all the way back under the gas tank, and under the spare tire well, then i have that one bend to give it that angle. so besides the downpipe my exhaust only has one bend.
yes I am an agitator :D

If you went to the troubble of building your exhaust so that it goes straight, WHY put a BEND in it? :D

:D is something burning? some rice maybe? :D

To answer the question, just buy a ractive fireball muffler, it will bolt to your stock exhaust system and it has the bends in it to make it point in the ricy way you want.

also, Rice is when you bolt on any part that was origonally intended for performance (more commonly and immitation performance part) just for the looks.

EG: angled muffler, lowering springs, carbonfiber hood, indiglo gauges, rims, skirt package.

High performance cars need these out on nesesity, a 4 Cyl shoc 88 h.p. auto mx-3 does not.
Befor you put it on your car ask your self, do I NEED this for the performance of my car, if the answer is no then its RICE.

Prove me wrong if you can.
you do know that the car you are talking about has a BPT in it, so i think it has plenty of go to prove it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I know whats whats in his car, which is why I asked " why put a bend in the exhaust?" a true straight pipe would help the turbo by lessening back pressure.

The other stuff was just about all imports in general and what is and isnt rice.

again racing seats are for racing, does ANYONE have REAL racing seats in there car and ACTUALLY race there car? :D

People always say"that is ricy or that isnt" I just wanted to clear it up, so there are no questions as to what is ricy.

If YOU dont NEED it to increase the performance or safty, its rice. :D
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Originally posted by papa roached:

Prove me wrong if you can.[/qb]
you do know that the car you are talking about has a BPT in it, so i think it has plenty of go to prove it[/QB][/QUOTE]
Its not a BPT. Its a stock b6ze with a turbo.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

oh, im sorry, thanks for the correction
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
maddzoom

Post by maddzoom »

Does anyone know how lound it would be if i ran an exhust something simular to jades but 2 n quater pipe'ing and an n1, and jon ur pipe'ing has to be pretty low isn't it? how low do u think ?

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”