Whats your definition of rice?

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
loudsubz

Whats your definition of rice?

Post by loudsubz »

There seems to be alot of posts about rice in the last little while, so I wana hear what everyones theory on rice is.<p>Ill start.<p>To me, rice is not whats on your car, but the attitude you have. If your talking to someone and they are the nicest guy/girl in the world, and know that all the mods they did to their car are for appearances only, and dont make them any faster, or dont have a big attitude like their car is faster or better than everything out there, then I resepct that, and respect their decicion to be different and dress up their ride.<p>On theother hand if there a stunta, and come off as a big shot with a huge ego thinking their car will smoke anythign out there, and because you dont have altezzas or clear corners thna your ride is ****, than their attitude and car is rice.<p>To me its all in the attitude, cause I know some people who have modded their car like that and do it because "they" think it looks nice, but there real nice people, I may not like it but I wont say something unless they have a big attitude like mentioned, and come off dissin my ride etc.
polak_gino

Re: Whats your definition of rice?

Post by polak_gino »

i agree with wat loudsubs has to say, it has to do more with attitude then anything, but common some ppl are jsut stuoid when they put things on their car that have nothing to do with their car, such as type R badges and garbage like that
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

lol i saw a galant with a SPYDER badge on it. definitely rice.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by loudsubz:
There seems to be alot of posts about rice in the last little while, so I wana hear what everyones theory on rice is.<p>Ill start.<p>To me, rice is not whats on your car, but the attitude you have. If your talking to someone and they are the nicest guy/girl in the world, and know that all the mods they did to their car are for appearances only, and dont make them any faster, or dont have a big attitude like their car is faster or better than everything out there, then I resepct that, and respect their decicion to be different and dress up their ride.<p>On theother hand if there a stunta, and come off as a big shot with a huge ego thinking their car will smoke anythign out there, and because you dont have altezzas or clear corners thna your ride is ****, than their attitude and car is rice.<p>To me its all in the attitude, cause I know some people who have modded their car like that and do it because "they" think it looks nice, but there real nice people, I may not like it but I wont say something unless they have a big attitude like mentioned, and come off dissin my ride etc.<hr></blockquote><p>
I agree with that for sure....that s how i guess i would explain it as well
:)
Also, putitn product badges on ur car that u don't have .....for example puttin a sparco badge on his car and not havin any sparco product in his car.......even though im not a fan of a bunch of stickers on ur car, if u have the product in ur car or u have sponsours, then thats not rice.....im just not all for it. <p>Or say his mx-3 is a GSR and no KL (2.5) in it.....thats pretty rice. Or too many lights...I think thats rice, with exception to those guys who are into audio comps and sh*t.<p>But yeah all in all, i think its mostly in the attitude, like loudsubz said...
later, and rice it up lol
:p
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

I would say thats a good thoery on what RICE Means but around here it still primarlly used to similize any japanies manufactured car.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mx-3SHO:
primarlly used to similize any japanies manufactured car.<hr></blockquote><p>lol, exactly<p> :roll:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

ok, the way i look at it that i honestly think that "rice" is a type of attitude, i agree with everyone BBBUUUTTT that is not how "rice" is labeled, the way we see it is different then from someone who drives like a camaro. we think rice is an attitude but lets say the guy who drives the camaro would classify rice as a lowered car with a spoiler and bodykit, yeah i honestly believe that we think of rice diff then others because we drive those "riced up cars" i know im just talking in circles, lol, but what im sayin is the definition of rice depends on the car owner, obviously we would never classify our cars as rice, but someone else might, so in ways its attitude, and in some ways, for the camaro guy, its stupidity, :D :D :D
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Rice is APC stickers! LOL i hate those things!! Also its 1985 honda civics/accords that have one wiper, lowered, loud muffler, and stock rims with no hubcaps! Also, DVH, that little pic in ur sig is awesome...!!!
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

rice is an attitude and its about the car. when some guys start talking about "double clucthing" and "power shifting" and you ask them to explain it, and then they shut up. thats ignorance and rice...when it comes to the car tho, many things can be rice. like if you got that bobo walmart cd deck in your car with a 55w sub swearing your **** is the bomb, thats rice! if you got a car dropped so damn low, and swear it helps you race, your a damn ricer!! and all off thgem damn honda that put that type r crap on their cars, the are ricers for sure!!!! and if you buy parts from one car that are oem to put on your car, thats friggin rice for sure!!!! so everyone has there own views on rice, and that is mine :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Rice is APC stickers! LOL i hate those things!! Also its 1985 honda civics/accords that have one wiper, lowered, loud muffler, and stock rims with no hubcaps! Also, DVH, that little pic in ur sig is awesome...!!!<hr></blockquote><p>Definitely that, and 4 door teggies with huuge wings, and 4 door ugly a$% brown accords with exhaust.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

The thing I hate the most is when you see someone coming or is at the light they will give you that stupid stare and rev up. One time I was at the light and looked at my rear view mirror and there was a car that had an apc sticker and when it came up it reved louder so I would notice it. It had like 4 apc stickers and I giant type r on the back window. It was some kind of american car 4/door.
I mean I am right now just fixing up my interior and exterior not engine yet. I been keeping up with what I want on everything though. To me I don't rev up by people unless they provoke me.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

for Marshmallow15: the Galants come with Spyder sticker on them if they have a moonroof. It's still a stupid reason for them to have it but thats why they're on there
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i love it when people rev on me. it's gotta be the funniest thing ever. better yet - when they show you they have a rev limiter. <p>lol sometimes people are so stupid.
i got the chance to ask someone why they revved on me and they said it was a greeting. ive had a couple fingers thrown, nodded at, thumbs up, but never revved on. where do they come up with this crap? and yes it was an 87 accord - turd brown lol
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

For what i though where rice came from was for a rice rocket...as i would understand it, rice refering to japanese, and rocket as fast, so a fast japanese car. If this is true, rice as being a "stupidly overdone all-show-no-go car" (as some would define it, thats not a person opinion, but then again we're discussing this definition)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by airjordon_09:
in some ways, for the camaro guy, its stupidity, :D :D :D <hr></blockquote><p>I drive a muscle car and I call my mx-3 my rice burner, muahahahaha. My only brag is its easy on gas... :D
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”