crunching noise

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mxmaz

crunching noise

Post by mxmaz »

When i go over bumps i hear a crunching noise and i can actually feel on the floor, like a knocking on my feet. Any suggestions?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: crunching noise

Post by mitmaks »

cv joints/axles, commmon problem on mx3s with age
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I kind of figured thats what it might be. Its just when i mentioned it to a local mechanic, he said that bad cv joints shouldnt make crunching noises on bumps, but just make knocking sounds while turning.
Thanks
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Had her checked out, got 2 cv joints and 2 outer tie rod ends are toast. So i had the tie rod ends done and i'm still getting the clunking noise. And i just replaced the ball joints as well. Mechanic said there is a worn swaybar bushing as well, would that be the likely cause of the clunking i can hear and feel on my feet when i go over bumps? or could the cv joints cause that as well?

<small>[ September 30, 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

i dont have a crunching noise when going over speed bumps or turning, but when i drive for around half and hour or so i do have this crunching noise when i am braking sometimes that i kind of "just" hear and feel... if i'm going a high speed the crunches are faster "crunchcrunchcrunch" but as the car slows down the crunching slows down too "crunch crunch crunch"...

what could be the problem that i have? my braking isn't affected however when it is crunching i can ever so slightly feel the car rock back and forth while i am braking as it crunches... if i really wanted to i can apply more or less brake and it will almost stop the crunching... if i turn my music on i can't hear it, even when the music isn't loud

<small>[ September 30, 2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: yuuki ]</small>
Zetgohan

Post by Zetgohan »

check your brake discs for scrapping or gouging and lean on each corner of your car (to see if you can hear the noise)
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Check your brake discs, maybe they're warped.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Originally posted by mxmaz:
Had her checked out, got 2 cv joints and 2 outer tie rod ends are toast. So i had the tie rod ends done and i'm still getting the clunking noise. And i just replaced the ball joints as well. Mechanic said there is a worn swaybar bushing as well, would that be the likely cause of the clunking i can hear and feel on my feet when i go over bumps? or could the cv joints cause that as well?
It's a broken stabilizer link. ;)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”