opinions on springs

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
justintoxicated

opinions on springs

Post by justintoxicated »

my mx-3 is lowered, the previous owner cut the springs, and i have heard bad things about this, plus it has the fx designs fiberglass combat spoiler on it, and when i pull in and out of driveways sometimes it scratches/bottoms out and screws up the fiberglass. anyway, i am going to paint the car soon, and dont want cracks/scrapes etc...in the front end, and want the car to be safer. i found these on e bay, think they are any good, or garbage? click here and these... click anyone have any suggestions for me...i was thinking about going back to stock springs but dont know where to find them... thanks
Got Rice? You do!
dj inferno

Re: opinions on springs

Post by dj inferno »

::takes a big crap, puts it a bag, mails to justintoxicated:: lol j/k, but thats about the quality, if your looking for cheap springs, thats what your going to get there lol, your profile says that u have a 92 GS, so you don't wanna go w/ the suspention tech. because there made for the RS, and the drop zones... well i told u about them lol, so u have a few other opts. try www.corksport.com go to there e-cat, they might have sumething there, u will prolly wanna go with the EIBACH, ground control, h&r, or intrax, the first three are the better ones... i think intrax is a newer one, i havn't heard ne thing bout them really tho, search tho, you'll get alot of info on springs. you will prolly want to get new struts if you;ve been riding w/ cut springs... its said that cut springs cut the life of ur car in half. not good... the guy that owned my car cut one of the springs... so i got the suspentions Tech, but there made for the 4 banger not the V6... well good luck peace
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Intrax springs are a compromize between lowering and comfort. The Eibach and H&R's are more of a performance first spring.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

^^^ yep.. i have intrax, it drops you pretty nice, and isnt that bumpy at all on the freeway, but in turns you really want more performance like Eibach or H&R. and if you wanna have performance and also adjust them, get Ground Control. $370 at SRO! lol
92 Autozam AZ3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I have suspension techniques on my ride on so is my freind and I think I couldn't ask for a better quality ride AND WE BOTH OWN A GS
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

idk, i love my S.T.'s, but i heard there only for the RS... maybe im wrong... idk w/e all i know is idk where to get them ne more, i got mine from nopi, and they dont have **** for our car ne more
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

ST lowering springs ARE made for the RS. Take out your front coils and look at the bottom of each coil. They will all be almost flat from constant hitting eachother.
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

I have Ground Controls with stock eibach spring rates and KYB super struts.. handling is awesome but it's rough, and I am having to do suspension repairs too often.. I got a set of Intraz -1.75s today and will be nstalling tomorrow.. Corksport (Derrik, the most credable one) said they they are almos stock softness... that's bad... but i don't really see how that could be with -1.75" springs.. but at any rate we said that actually my stiff KYN super struts and the soft springs was a relly nice combo use on new mercedes... we'll see... ill ost when im done tomorrow morning..
GS-R SE
Fixin's
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by mdavis:
I have Ground Controls with stock eibach spring rates and KYB super struts.. handling is awesome but it's rough, and I am having to do suspension repairs too often..
Just curious, what kind of suspension repairs have ya had to do w/the GC's on?

I'm putting on H&Rs w/Tokico HP's this weekend if the weather cooperates but considered getting GC's & Koni cartridges for a long time before finally deciding on the H&Rs. Cost was def a consideration in my decision + a little more ride comfort than I thought the GC's would provide.
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
Originally posted by mdavis:
I have Ground Controls with stock eibach spring rates and KYB super struts.. handling is awesome but it's rough, and I am having to do suspension repairs too often..
Just curious, what kind of suspension repairs have ya had to do w/the GC's on?

I'm putting on H&Rs w/Tokico HP's this weekend if the weather cooperates but considered getting GC's & Koni cartridges for a long time before finally deciding on the H&Rs. Cost was def a consideration in my decision + a little more ride comfort than I thought the GC's would provide.
Well I used to drive a lot harder than I do now, and Nitto 555 tires are actually really hard to get to break traction, so it put the syspension under a lot of stress. Honestly I don't know much about suspension, and most of the repairs were done a while ago, but my suspension mechanic keeps telling me the change my springs because they are too hard on my car... I installed those Intrax springs today but they were WAY TOO HIGH, apparently they settle but I didn't realize that... so I removed them today as well.. Will be waiting for feedback on that+calling Derrik tomorrow..
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”