Does SRD control arm bushings squeak??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DJsMX-3

Does SRD control arm bushings squeak??

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey i have read it around a few times now,and would like to get things straight before i order :)

Does the SRD front control arm bushings in fact squeak a lot??

Think the answer would be no if i asked luc at SRD :p
So what have you guys experience been with thees bushings?

Thanks
DJ
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
MrMX3

Re: Does SRD control arm bushings squeak??

Post by MrMX3 »

mine do and my buddy dave's do as well. But it's not a LOT, it's at very low speeds when hitting bumps, when your up to regular speeds they're perfectly quiet.

But on a side note, they work awesome! Good bang for the buck.

<small>[ June 15, 2004, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: MrMX3 ]</small>
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

BTW squeaking sounds would mean bolts/nuts are too tight. Try loosening them a bit one by one to find the culprit. If light knocking sound is hear when going over bumps, nuts/bolts are loose. Need to tighten them after a few hundred miles after bed-in is complete.
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

I just re-installed the control arm and made sure it was torqued right to spec as per the shop manual, but the car really hasn't been on the road, so I'll let ya know in a few days if that's definately the problem.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

I have the shopmanual and allways check for the correct tightening value when i reassemble....

Im very interrested in hearing if the squeaking is just because people tighten the nuts too much :eek:

Anyone else who have had some experience with the squeaking SRD's?
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

took it out today. still squeeking. Retorqued to the low end of factory specs, still there. I won't go below what it says in the shop manual, somebody else can experiment from there. Even still, the squeeking is very minor and only at low low speeds (like crawling over speed bumps in a parking lot) so it's really not an issue to me, and the bushings work so well it's worth a bit of squeek
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

i have them and mine don't squeak at all
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Has anyone tried greasing the bushings and using some loc tight on the threads?
This might help. Try it let me know if it works.
Try using some graphite grease on the bushings.

:welder:
:welder:
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Rdawg000 Did you do something special?? like greasing the bushings or something,since yours dont squeak..
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

I couldn't tell you if mine were greased or not when put in, it was the garage that did those, not me. As far as greasing them now, they'd have to be removed, greased, and put back in, and the squeeking is so minor that it's not worth the hassle to me to do.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

would you SRD frontarmbushing guys please read the mail by waughn in the thread about bronzeoil front arm bushings...

He states that even nylatron is too hard,nylatron is what SRD's stuff is made out off :(

Can this be right? :shrug:

Have any of you had to weld stresscracks back together because of nylatron front arm bushings??
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

nope, but I did have to do a bit of welding but for something completely unrelated. The bonehead mechanic that put them back on decided to use an impact wrench to hold the bracket to the subframe. So in doing so, the nut that's welded up above broke loose. And when I went to tighten to proper torque it was just spinning. So I had to get a small square cut, reweld the nut in place and then tighten it properly....... but that's of no fault to the bushings, and there's been 0 stress cracks with these and I'm on my 2nd summer and still lovin 'em.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
Macen

Post by Macen »

I have installed mine on the passenger side, and so far I can't hear any squeak at all. I didn't use any grease at all. Just burned out the old ones and sandpapered the inside and pressed the new ones in. Had som problems getting the rear one in since there is a little piece on the loose part that is supposed to fit on the chassi. I managed to get the bolts in to the holes, and the tightened the bolts like crazy to bend the little piece.

Here are some pictures:

Last edited by Macen on April 19th, 2005, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

did you have to use shop press to press them in?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Macen

Post by Macen »

No, I used a normal vice/vise. They went in very nice and easy.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”