Tokikos an H&Rs

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Low3-XM

Tokikos an H&Rs

Post by Low3-XM »

I was wondering if this would be a nice drop for a bodykit... ? i'm lookin torwatrd Street Concepts blitz after they are done, with 17's, if this is too low can someone give a good strut and spring to use thanxxx much
quicksliver

Re: Tokikos an H&Rs

Post by quicksliver »

The TOKICO Performance Struts seen at http://www.corksport.com/store/index.php3?cat=237748 (which im sure are the ones you're looking at) are a simple oem replacement strut. They will NOT handle a drop of more than 1" for very long.

Alternative? Take a look at the ZX2 Struts. They are you're best bet.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

The best bet would undoubtedly be the Koni adjustables.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

The Koni's should be used with care when going low,it even says so on the box they get delivered in...

If you hit the bottom on them you will destroy the ajustable valves :D
They are minus 35 so the minus 45 of the HR's should go also i think :confused2:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`ve been using Koni`s with the H&R springs for almost a year now. Never bottomed out or anything.
Handles extremely well also :)

nope-mx3
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hi nope just notised youre from norway...
Do you have "Periodisk syn" in norway allso like here in denmark?We have a rule saying no lower than 500mm to lowest point of headlights :D
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I'd recommend Tokico HP / H&R Combo. They were on my car when I bought it, I replaced the struts this past summer. They previous set was on the car for roughly two and a half years.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I have Tokico and H&R Springs, Im thinking about moving over to ZX2 struts in the spring of summer.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Low3-XM

Post by Low3-XM »

so what would be good drop for 17's and a bodykit.. ?

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Samm ]</small>
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by Samm:
so what would be good drop for 17's and a bodykit.. ?
not trying to be rude but nobody knows how low you want it or how you want it to ride. especially if nobody has the body kit you want to try with that drop. you need to decide for yourself if that combo will be suitable for your taste and area. most people here will just tell you what they have and what they like, only some people will actually answer your question. i dont have h&r but i do know most lowering springs are going to have very little difference in handling as there is probably only a difference of maybe 40#'s between different brand springs. tokico hp, are expensive stock replacements, i would recommend zx2's or koni specials.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

I have H&R's with zx2 struts. I made sure i took alot of before & after pics. Its a good set up and i'm happy with it. The ride is decently rough, but it was pretty crappy before with the stock blown struts.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
bubba_03

Post by bubba_03 »

when you guys say ZX-2 struts do you mean the ford zx-2s or is that a model number for a strut?
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

[quote]Originally posted by Dennis Jørgensen:
Hi nope just notised youre from norway...
Do you have "Periodisk syn" in norway allso like here in denmark?We have a rule saying no lower than 500mm to lowest point of headlights :)
Everything that is custom on a car has to be tuv approved etc.
Lowering of the car is supposed to be entered in the "Vognkort", but of course, I haven`t gotten around to this yet :)

Where in Denmark are you from?
I`m thinking of doing a Denmark trip this summer.
Not too many Mx3`s there :)

nope-mx3

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”