Semi-ghetto fabbed Performance endlinks (for front and r

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Gro Harlem

Semi-ghetto fabbed Performance endlinks (for front and r

Post by Gro Harlem »

If you look at the design of our endlinks, it isn't that bad. I know on my protege, it is just a bolt with a spacer and 4 bushings (2 between the swaybar and 2 between the link/control arm). But ours has the rod spacing the bar from the trailing link / control arm with 2 bushings on each end and a bolt going through them. Unfortunately, no one sells aftermarket versions of the style endlink our car (and many other imports) use.

After thinking about it, I don't see why you can't just remove your old endlink, measure how long it is, and drill a peice of rod-stock (or a square pipe or something like that) and get a couple performance endlink bushings. I know autozone sells packs of 8 polyurethane endlink bushings for like $15 bux. You could get some high tensile stregnth bolts and just bolt them on with those bushings and it would be the same thing.

Me and my buddy (he has a 94 celica with the same design) already purchased some metal stock and have the bushings. We are gonna do this for our rear swaybar sometime hopefully this week. I'll post pics when I'm done.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Semi-ghetto fabbed Performance endlinks (for front and r

Post by babyblueMX3 »

great mine are broke..if it worlks good I'll prolly do the same
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

I seen a adjustable end link kit at JC Whitney, was $24 or so. http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?PID=1323201&productId=2122&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&AID=1157440&storeId=10101

don't know if it would work for our car though...
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

naw, those are completely different in design than what we have on our cars. Those would work on a protege though, but not our strange-designed swaybars :(
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
tonguefreek

Post by tonguefreek »

you could always use solid end links like they do in nascar i have them both front and rear bought all 4 for around 60$ from a local race shop if anyone is intersted in some just email me

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”