Suggestions?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
playaa

Suggestions?

Post by playaa »

Ok... I have made my mind up and have decided to put up the extra cash for the Ground Control's and MS adjustable's, Since I have just ordered my new rims they are ADR Sokudo 8's, 18" x 7.5" with a +42mm offset.

Now I am wondering, what would be the best tires to put on them I am going for ride comfort and treadlife.

Also I need to know what other suspension parts should I change while I am doing my suspension?
ProtegeSTS

Re: Suggestions?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

anything that'll fit an 18" wheel on a MX-3 is going to have a rubber band sidewall, and not provide a good ride. They'll also bend the rim quite easily because of the lack of protection from the tire. Also, you're not going to find good treadwear on any of these. They're all high performance tires. You don't get all-seaons with 18s.

That being said...

Kumho offers the 711 in a 255/40/18 (320 treadwear)
Yokohama has the Parada Spec 2's in a 215/35/18 (300)
Dunlop FM901 in 215/40/18 (200)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
playaa

Post by playaa »

So if I get 18"s there is basically no helping my ride at all?
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

you`d probably get the best handling with 15" or maybe 16" and the best tires instead.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
playaa

Post by playaa »

Well thanks for the suggestions but im not lookin to AutoX... my car is for shows and daily driving... But I wanted 18"s for the show look and just wanting the best ride quality i can get out of em...

<small>[ January 05, 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: playaa ]</small>
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Originally posted by playaa:
Well thanks for the suggestions but im not lookin to AutoX... my car is for shows and daily driving... But I wanted 18"s for the show look and just wanting the best ride quality i can get out of em...
use your stock wheels daily and put on 18s for shows. that'll do what you want. and if that's the case, get some BFG scorcer tires, because they're bling.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
playaa

Post by playaa »

Hm... So 17"s would be my best bet? Seems like you may have changed my mind thanks protegests for the info...
Taras

Post by Taras »

I ride on 17's in the summer with H&R springs /MazdaSpeed Shocks combo, a MazdaSpeed rear roll bar, SRD tie braces and sometimes I think the ride is stiff, especially on #3 and up settings. With 18's I can't imagine. Go for a goos compromise. If you choose your rims carefully, you can get the ones that look bigger than they really are.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Originally posted by playaa:
Show cars are generally *strictly* show and/or weekend kinda special occasion type cars.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”