Suspension or engine problem......

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
bikeguy18974

Suspension or engine problem......

Post by bikeguy18974 »

Hi all. Not sure if I should post this in the v6 forum or here since i'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyway, as most people have had i have numerous clunks and thunks that are suspension related and will be fixed as $$$$ becomes available.

My other problem is this.... I get a weird vibration that i can feel through the pedals and I can also hear it. To me the best description of the feel is like a gritty bearing.

The problem i have is that this vibration is present in straitlines as well as curves and occurs only when i am lightly on the gas. I don't feel it if i am accelerating normally. It mostly comes when i either let off the gas partially when i come up on a slower vehicle or when i am accelerating lightly to get back up to speed. I don't feel it when accelerating normally or when my foot is completely off the gas.

Any idea what this might be. It seems strange that it only occurs under light acceleration which maybe be engine/trans related. But i feel it under me feet so also thinking suspension. BTW 93 GS V6 auto. Thanks Dave.
Steeb

Re: Suspension or engine problem......

Post by Steeb »

check to see if your engine mounts are worn, torn, or gone and your intake piping for holes or leaks
Gro Harlem

Re: Suspension or engine problem......

Post by Gro Harlem »

it is most definitely your axle. I had this problem with my protege.

every time i'd accelerate, the car would shake, and when i let off, it wouldn't. This told me that something was wrong with the drivetrain. Turned out being a worn passenger axle.

replaced it and now the car drives smooth again!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”