Nitrobags?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
phr34k

Nitrobags?

Post by phr34k »

anyone done it and should i even attempt??
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Nitrobags?

Post by monty73741 »

what are nitro bags
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

airbags filled with nitrous<p>basically its a waste of money unless you want a more 'pshhfff' sound. nitrous just gives you a better more dense sound and bragging rights. not worth the money just go with good ol' natural air. cause when nitrous leaks its gonna suck.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

nitrobags are made to raise or lower your car at the flip of a switch or press of a button. i have seen these on trucks and some other cars and was just wondering if anyone has done it. i really dont care for your flames or your opinions
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

"Nitrobags are made to raise or lower your car at the flip of a switch or press of a button."<p>So they work just like airbag suspension. Only they cost three times as much and come with a big blue NOS sticker you can put on your window.<p>Airbags are proven, they can outlast regular suspensions if you're good to them, and they're cheap with probably a dozen brand name distributors. You'll be happier with airbags than "nitrobags", which I've never heard of.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ty:
i really dont care for your flames or your opinions<hr></blockquote><p>ummm, what was the purpose of posting this question for then?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

since when has a rubber bag outlasted a wound peice of steel?<p>Enlighten me please.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

This site should be changed to "let's flame our fellow mxers.com" He asked if anyone has done it before and if he should even attempt it. I say if you have the extra cash, go for it. If you want to lift your mx-3 and put 20's on it, go for it. Be unique. Or you could always be original and put 17's, a spoiler, and drop your car...oh wait...uhh....thats not exactly original now is it? If i had the extra money i would definitely do something different, like lambo doors or something never see on an mx-3 yet....and i think YOU should do something different too.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
since when has a rubber bag outlasted a wound peice of steel?<p>Enlighten me please.<hr></blockquote><p>some people like cars, some like trucks. some like springs, some like coilovers. some like it stock, some like it 'fixed up'. some do it the right way, some do it the wrong way.<p>its whatever floats your boat.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
<p>some people like cars, some like trucks. some like springs, some like coilovers. some like it stock, some like it 'fixed up'. some do it the right way, some do it the wrong way.<p>its whatever floats your boat.<hr></blockquote><p>
No, it's not a matter of opinion. This is a fact. Rubber bags WILL deteriorate faster than wound STEEL. Whether you like airbags or not does NOT come into the equation.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

if you really think airbags are better constructed with their plastic/rubber, i laugh at you<p>Im going to be original and not use 17" im prolly gonna use some 16" or some 15" with some nitto or Yokohama tires
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ty:
Im going to be original and not use 17" im prolly gonna use some 16" or some 15" with some nitto or Yokohama tires<hr></blockquote><p>15s or 16s are NOT original. you want original, install some off-road wheels on your car. install some snowmobile tracks on your car. 15 and 16 inch rims/wheels are not original.
- team slideways
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

you know, i'm relativaly new to this site. and you know sometimes i wonder why i come here. so far i've had good luck with people not "flaming" me or ripping on my opinions. but from what i read of others, i think my mind has changed. look at you people Ty just wanted to know a yes or no answer and you come with these novel worthy answers on why its a gay idea, let me tell you a little about my self, i come from a family that never once supported me and always told me that my hobbies or ideas where gay, not good, waste of time. you get the idea. NOW what i think nitrobags would be phat as all hell, do it Ty i hope it works twice as good as regualer air bags so all your other haters out there and go "flame" yourself. and by the way the NOS sticker adds atleaste 50 horse power, and to think thats the sticker alone! so go ahead and "flame" me or rippin on me, kick me off this site for all i care, but please use the rule learned in kindergarden. "Don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say"<p>[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: z_x71 ]</p>
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

we tried explaining it was a waste of money, also being a stupid idea so he shouldn't attempt it, and then he flames us for telling him the truth.. which defeated the purpose of asking the question in the first place.
- team slideways
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

marshmellow the fact that some people don't have to worry about the amount of cash it is but more about how it will work comes into play. You say airbags because they are cheap. i say nitro 'bags' because they are safe. yes they do cost more but they are more dependable and safer then airbags, therefore they will go on my car whether you like it or not. <p>nobody complained when you came in here talking about your bull****

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”