grrrr Stuck nut!!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MrMX3

grrrr Stuck nut!!

Post by MrMX3 »

Well, I've been working at this all week and no clue what to do. The place that installed my springs did a horrible job last year. They didn't put it back together right the first time and I had to replace my upper strut mounts. But they used the same nuts the whole time without replacing them, and they used impact guns which stripped the f*@#$@ out of the nuts. So when I went to put on my zx2 struts, no way in hell can I get anything on it without it just spinning. Standard size is 15mm for it, I've gotten to the point of beating on a 1/2". Tried using bigass plyers, vice grips, loads of liquid wrench, a torch to heat it up. The only option I can think of right now is cut it off and replace the upper strut mounts again which I don't want to do. Anybody have any suggestions at all? I'll try anything right about now!
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: grrrr Stuck nut!!

Post by monty73741 »

i had the same problem with postive terminal....all i did was get a set of vise grips attach very very tight...& loosen.........<p>or...<p>compress the spring...make sure u saftey strap....then take a dremel & cut off the shaft of the strut.....
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

Try the "Bolt Out" craftsman set from Sears, I've seen it take out not just stripped bolts, but completely rounded ones. Might work with yours .....
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

that's what I ended up using. They cut right into the bolt and took it out with ease! Gotta love 'em
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”