cv axles and FPR

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.

cv axles and FPR

Post by Guest »

im going to install my own CV axle here but i was looking in my chiltons manual and it says that i need a special tool to install it, and then i looked at the online manual, and it didnt say anything about this tool, which is correct?? and also does anyone know where i can get fuel pressure regulators for cheaper (got quoted at canadian tire for $155).
ikedasquid

Re: cv axles and FPR

Post by ikedasquid »

You don't need a special tool. I did it just fine with 2 crowbars, just be careful in 4 areas:<p>1) The rubber bushings (or whatever they are) that grease the stub that comes out of the ball joint are easily damaged by the crow bar, make sure to keep the crowbar from ripping them.<p>2) The threads are also easlily damaged on the steering control arm end link. sandwich a nickel or penny or somthing between the gear puller and the bottom of the link.<p>3) Use a stubby crowbar to get the drivers side axel out of the tranny.<p>4) Disengaging the stabalizer is optional, it is much easier to seperate the ball joint (knuckle?) with it removed, but the threads on mine were rusted over pretty good, good enough to snap the hex key that fits inside the end of it to keep if from turning. use lots of liquid wrench or just leave it connected. leaving it connected makes it much easier to damage the rubber bushings however.<p>note: this is all for a 94 RS with mtx.

Post by Guest »

ok, well i got the CV axle installed and all is good, except i ripped the rubber boot around the control arm that connects into the brake assembly and such, but im not too worried about that yet, but now i have a new problem, whenever i step on the gas a little bit, there is a vibrating and shaking sound coming from the front corner of the car where the axle was installed, almost feels like gears slipping and catching again, and i know its not my tranny. what could this be from?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

not worried about the boot? you'd better change your mind about that i wuldn't drive around dirty roads, let alone air, when my cv boot is ripped.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Post by Guest »

no no no, its not the boot on the cv axle, its the little rubber bushing thing on the bottom where the A-control arm and the rotor and that assembly attach together.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

mazda put the bushings in certain places for reasons.. its only a bushing id take care of it asap.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”