ZX2 struts with ABS?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
H-Stock MX3

ZX2 struts with ABS?

Post by H-Stock MX3 »

Have any of u guys done this conversion? My concern is with the brackets that hold the ABS sensor in place. Any pics or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<p>Joe
tk1138

Re: ZX2 struts with ABS?

Post by tk1138 »

The differnce between the ABS & non-ABS struts is a bracket to hold the ABS sensor wire. Some have suggested using zip ties to secure the wire to non-ABS struts. You could get really profesional & have some slip on brackets machened as well.<p>As for the ZX2 struts, they're great struts, esp. for the money. You'll need some camber bolts, though & an alignment.<p>Good luck
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

AFAIK, camber bolts arent in the FSM for the MX-3....if youre trying to comply...<p>Fortunately, the MX-3 has a more aggressive camber curve than the rest of the BG chassis cars.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
H-Stock MX3

Post by H-Stock MX3 »

Greg Reno, a fellow MX3 autocrosser, got great alignment settings. Almost more than my Camaro and i had to lower it to get over -1 camber. The more i think of it, the better this car sounds for H-stock. I'm gonna save alot of cash not having to buy tires for my ESP car. Cant wait till next season to start. <p>Joe Silva
#95 ESP
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

I'm really starting to like the idea of building one to STS limits as well. But if it ever happens....far far into the future.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”