Buffer's

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Deano96GS

Buffer's

Post by Deano96GS »

I am interested in a getting a buffer to shine up my brilliant black mx, <P> any suggestions on what kind to get, features, or RPM's etc... <BR> <BR> i use paste waxes and its juts too much work, by hand, hence why i am going to go to a buffer.<BR>HElp me out! Image<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Deano, 1996 Black GS
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
Bbqman218

Re: Buffer's

Post by Bbqman218 »

The Milwakee brand and Black and Decker make an excellent buffer. They have 9 in buffing surface pads. I would go with a foam pad , one grey for polish and white for compound. The Foam pads leave less smears and swirls than the Wool pads do. Try to find a buffer with a Varible speed selector, ranging from 500 rpms to 4500. You will most ly stay in the 800- 2000 rpm range when buffing, REMEMber to Tape off Mouldings and around Belt mouldings!! these Parts are expensive!! <P> These buffers will run you around $150 - $270<p>[This message has been edited by Bbqman218 (edited August 06, 2001).]
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Try to get a RANDOM ORBITAL buffer. Low RPMs will help to keep from burning the paint, but the Random Orbital will help keep swirls from appearing. Some of them might also call the Random Orbital action a "Dual Action" or DA.
Deano96GS

Post by Deano96GS »

are these swirls Common with electric buffers<BR>b/c i have done it bye hand and i dont get any swirls<P><P>------------------<BR>Deano, 1996 Black GS
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
cemcintosh

Post by cemcintosh »

To make the finish really stand out, use more than just wax. I use Meguire's, but any brand should do, as long as you follow all the steps. I have 3 black cars in my family, and this stuff works great. First you should get the paint cleaner and the swirl remover. Both work best with a buffer. Finally I use a good paste wax that I apply by hand. If you do this, you have NO swirl marks and a perfectly reflective surface. (by the way, i have tried many waxes, and the best I have found is Meguire's Gold Class)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”