Galant VR4 big front brake upgrade how to

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
David Coleman

Galant VR4 big front brake upgrade how to

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><I>Originally posted by presso3 </I><BR><B>the galant VR4 twin turbo ( or LANCER EVOLUTION IV) front brake almost fit your probe , mx6 & my mx3.just a little mod :<BR>1. drill the disc centre hole from 69mm to 72mm(probe size)<BR>2. shave the knuckle caliper mount fit offset (few mm)<BR>3. file the knuckle caliper mount hole fit the caliper (about 1mm)<BR> go to mechanical shop,i think not expensive.<P>the VR4 front disc is 294mm ,24mm thick,2 piston caliper,can fit some 15" rim.<P>if you have a mx3 ,you must buy a pair of 1995-1998 j-spec 2000cc (kfze) astina front knuckle include 5 bolt hub,and change your 4 bolt rim to 5 bolt rim. because mx3 disc centre hole is 55mm only and caliper mount size is too small </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
maldo

Re: Galant VR4 big front brake upgrade how to

Post by maldo »

Good to know, this is something that the 323 guys have been doing for quite some time...never even thought we could apply it.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Finally! I've been wating to find this out for a long time. Thanks a lot!!
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
presso3

Post by presso3 »

i think the kfze astina struts may be fit ours,JIC have the true coilover for it,i'll test it later
92 yellow mtx klze presso,K&N cone filter,KLZE ecu & intake manifold,whiteline front & rear strut bar, apex spring,koni strut,whiteline camber bolt,WHITELINE rear 22mm swaybar,magnecor 8.5mm sparkwire,2.5" custom catback,custom testpipe,FSE fpr,sard oil gas tank,apexi S-AFC,15"RAYS TE37 rim,FALKEN ST-115 tire,EVO4 front brake,mazdaspeed seat,mazdaspeed steering wheel,mazdaspeed front nose

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”