knocking noise

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
back alley

knocking noise

Post by back alley »

:( when i turn left i'm now hearing a knocking noise at the end of the turn just prior to straightening out. the noise sounds like it's coming from the right rear but i can't really be sure. any thoughts before i head out to my mechanic? tia
back alley

Re: knocking noise

Post by back alley »

not a thought out there?
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

I have a thought.. SEARCH.. this is one of the most common subjects.. <BR>my bet would be your CVs...
- EUNOS 30X -
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

I can pretty much guarantee you that it is your cv joint/shaft. I had/have the exact same problem. When I lowered it, it was fine, now a year later, both of my cv joints are shot! I have replaced one and I am about to replace the other. Just to forewarn you though, it should cost no more than $160.00 incl. labor to have it fixed. If that is the problem, get it done asap because it can make your drive shaft faulty too. Hope that helps!
back alley

Post by back alley »

hey euno - what a rocket scientist u r - i did a search using the words knocking noise and guess what i got? sweet f--- all my man. but thanks for the advice anyway! now for my own bit of rocket science - i thought cv joints were only in the front if u had a front wheel drive car - guess i'm wrong. cv was my first thought but the sound is coming from the rear end and i thought it must be something else. i have an appointment with my garage on friday. i'll keep u all posted.
back alley

Post by back alley »

ok, so i was right about cv joints only on the drive wheels, none in the back - but i was so wrong about where the noise was coming from. it was the front and it was my cv, boot and all. i hate being wrong.
Teek

Post by Teek »

I have a knock too I was told it was a ball joint??

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”