Monroe Struts..$86cdn,Good??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
marsinner

Re: Monroe Struts..$86cdn,Good??

Post by marsinner »

im not sure about struts, but canadian has a performance catalogue in which you can get some descent prices on almost all products...ill try finndling a product number
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

no, monroes suck. For a 1.3" lowering...look at the KYB or Tokicos.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

86 bills?? thats not bad..why do u say they r bad jesse? do u think they will be better than stock ones with 260,000 km?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>86 bills?? thats not bad..why do u say they r bad jesse? do u think they will be better than stock ones with 260,000 km?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Better than the current ones? yup...but barely.<P>They just arent going to dampen higher rate springs.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

so jesse are they better than brand new stock ones from maxda..i need to know as i am changing my shocks..if not what do u recomend for cheap?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>so jesse are they better than brand new stock ones from maxda..i need to know as i am changing my shocks..if not what do u recomend for cheap?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no, oem mazda ones would be better, IMO. ZX2 ones are like 179 for the set...you cant beat that.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

Jesse,<BR>where can i buy the zx-2? r u sure shocks that cheap will be good?? how much difference will i notice with new shcoks..the current ones have 260,000 km on them...r they easy to install?<BR>thanks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

search....ive already given out all that info like a 3 weeks ago. :) im lazy [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
momo

Post by momo »

dude i have the ground control with the monroe sensetrac shocks.its a very stiff ride ,but i payed $200 each one.over all not bad shocks.hope that helps. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] momo
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by momo:<BR><STRONG>dude i have the ground control with the monroe sensetrac shocks.its a very stiff ride ,but i payed $200 each one.over all not bad shocks.hope that helps. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] momo</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>your ride is underdampened.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

[img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<p>[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: aronmx-prec ]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>hey jesse i don't mean to be rude but u appear to not know too much about cars and suspensions. thats ok a lot of us are still learning ;) .Also please donm't post false information as it can be misleading.<BR>once again no hard feelings and by the way these shocks are pretty decent so i hear.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <A HREF="http://www.sccaforums.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000242.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sccaforums.com/ubb/Forum22/H ... 42.html</A> <P>I answered every single one of your questions.<P>Hmm....dont want to believe me? ok, cool...one more person ill be faster than [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<p>[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

Jesse<BR>sorry i didn't mean to be harsh. i think we have a misunderstanding.. i don't want to autocross in my car..i just doing regular driving and some street racing..i want comfort..right now the bumps are so harsh and uncomfortable everything in may car rattles...my car is not lowered and never will be..how can 179 dollar shocks be better than mazda ones or monroe??

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”