loud "clunk"

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
A.S.

loud "clunk"

Post by A.S. »

I hear a loud clunk sound almost ecverytime I go over a small bump or brake from the right driverside wheel. It happens in turns sometimes too. My records show that my CVs have been replaced within the last two years and I dont think its the CV joint. I heard CVs have a ticking sound, but this is just a quick "clunk" or "pop". What could it be??
hi
garethmx3

Re: loud "clunk"

Post by garethmx3 »

try checking your wheel bearings,brake discs or calipers
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

I had a clunk as well. I would even do it when i would revese quickly and then push in the clutch. Changed my ball joints and no more problem.
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

I have *exactly* the same problem...<P>I am putting it in to get looked at on tuesday.. I'll let you know the outcome..
- EUNOS 30X -
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I had it looked at and since the ball joint ant the cv's are new, It looks like the front stabalizer is pushed to the right and the left side is sitting on the lower arm and clunks in turns and the alignment is way off. I dont know how this might have happened, but they now have to take it all apart and see whats wrong. The troubleshoot guide says this may be due to damaged or worn stabalizer, control link abd stabalizer bracket.
hi
onyx_ZX3

Post by onyx_ZX3 »

i had a large clunking too in my rt. front passenger area...couldnt figure it out, but because of ever thinking it could be, i ignored the springs. the wet british weather ate my springs away and it broke in two pieces....(not just british the car was in germany for 4 years too) thats ok though i had an excuse to buy eibach....
92 GS Black (retired to wife control, but in my care)<BR>01 Focus Zx3 Black<BR>I'm Still Stationed In AR...Help???
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

A.S. the mx-3 did have a call back on the springs, they seemed to break apart long before due. Although I would say that 90% of the time this clunking will be a stabilizer.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”