Tokico Struts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
KingFisher

Tokico Struts

Post by KingFisher »

Wow you guys on this board know your stuff. Anyhow I was advised that it is best, that when lowering your car you also replace your struts with performance struts, CORRECT?? so I decided to go with Tokico, the price I was quoted was $145 ea. is this good, In Can.$<P>Thanx :cool: :cool: :cool:
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
ProtegeSTS

Re: Tokico Struts

Post by ProtegeSTS »

What springs are you going to be using them with? The Tokico blues really arent too great if youre lowering more than 1.5" and their factory warranty goes byebye after that same point. They are a pretty good strut for use with Eibach or Suspension Techniques springs though.<P>As far as price, check out <A HREF="http://www.shox.com" TARGET=_blank>www.shox.com</A> as they usually have good prices, although they are in the USA.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

Thanx, actually I was going to use APEX or Suspension techniques, I don't want a huge drop, 1.5" the most.....<BR>Thanx
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

then youre good to go.<P>Of the 2 mentioned, i would go with the Suspension Techniques springs, only because they are a slightly better known company IMO, and i have never heard or expirienced problems with any of their products. That.....and they are a great bang for the buck deal, especially if you still want a good ride....good luck
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

Thanx Protege STS, I am glad that there is someone with your kind of knowledge on this board because suspension to me is the second most important part of a car, and most people don't know a whole lot about it...<P>Thanx again (I probably will go with Sus.T.)
locutus79

Post by locutus79 »

What shocks do you think would go best with the Intrax springs? Intrax drops 1.75". I was thinking about going with tokico but is there something better??
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

protege, since this is a suspension forum i have a question about your autox setup. do you run negative camber? if so, how many degrees?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by southern mx:<BR><STRONG>What shocks do you think would go best with the Intrax springs? Intrax drops 1.75". I was thinking about going with tokico but is there something better??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Id say the Mazdaspeeds. The tockicos will be ok, but their warranty is void after 1.5" of lowering, and it could be a bit bouncier than with the Mazdaspeeds, but you will have saved yourself like 300 bucks. Its up to you, but i would, if i had the money, get the mazdaspeeds.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>protege, since this is a suspension forum i have a question about your autox setup. do you run negative camber? if so, how many degrees?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, on my car, after lowering, the most negitive camber the shop could get was zero all the way around, which is crappy. Ill be buying cusco camber plates within the next 2 weeks, and then ill start with 1.5 degrees negitive and expiriment around a little till i find what i like.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”