v6 turbo set up

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MAZDABLOOD

v6 turbo set up

Post by MAZDABLOOD »

can you v6 turbo guys post a pic with your turbo set ups i need some idea help thanks :shrug:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: v6 turbo set up

Post by babyblueMX3 »

lol..there is only 4-5 guys that are turboed on the board (V6)..

battosai-rebel2k-mx34u2nv-rope
are some that I remember

and their set-ups are already on the board..just search for it..just rope's tt setup isn't yet
btw..what happened with him ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i'll post some of mine next week some time. when it gets finished.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya ive been anxiously awaiting seeing pics of ropes tt v6. :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

after doing my own turbo pipes and stuff. i almost think it would be easier to have done a twin turbo. the only thing there is room for them but then again its always tight with a turbo in our cars.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

1 single turbo is better than twins. Twins would be cool but not worth the effort IMO.

i got some pics here in this forum and on my cardomain. check the sig for a link.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

1 single turbo is better than twins- rebel2k4
I Haven't been on here in a long while,Projects don't just appear overnight, even if I had the money, I like to do things right the first time so I don't have to backstep myself. I have to TOTALLY disagree that twins are in fact Better IMO. The lag i endure is quite minimum than what you would expect a (t3->3cyl.)x2. Of course I could benefit from larger turbo's, but is not necessary in my case. I spooled at/around 3000 full boost at 8psi which created 800-850 cfm's(My Father has cfm gauge that is very precise(runs off of Saphire ball-bearings), if you would like to know how many cfm's you are running I recommend you putting the gauge between your Tb and coupling for accurate measurements at which the air velocity enters your IM),EACH SETUP WILL VARY. I draw less heat than a single turbo keeping my engine bay temp cooler:hence I have less exhaust pipe twisted through the bay area, its just my mani's and down pipes(close to almost having headers with my setup)its that straight out,kinda...you'll see SOON enough after Christmas. I would NEVER TRADE MY garret t3's for any Apexi or Greddy t4 turbo. Srt4's gave me a run with the t25 setup(yes I lost about a car length,another story though)I am still on stock suspension too w/ rims that approx. weigh 40lbs including the tires! But Enough Talk here I WILL SHOW YOU MY PROOF COMING of the New Year early-mid January.
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Wow okay relax.

If they are so great then why is it that the fastest supras and 300zx's switch from twin turbo to one single turbo?

I did a single turbo because it was FAR easier to setup and my turbo is good for 350 whp. I wont be hitting that too soon so it will work great.

whatever works man. I could care less, single, twin, triple. whatever. as long as its got boost :)
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

they switch to a huge single turbo because lag doesnt matter as much to them. wouldnt be very practically on the street though.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

Sorry If I sounded Like an *** , didn't mean too. Your right boost is boost, no matter how you look at it. I don't know abou the fastest , but I do know in a magazine no TOO long ago there was a twin turbo drap supra that made a new record, think it was in the low 8's or in the 7's can't remember.But there are SEVERAL different setups you can choose from and each will work only as good as the fabricator and tuner.But you are right as long as it's an Mx and it's got boost :2thumbsup:
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

new import tuner has a twin turbo g35 on it thats sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

On straight flat racetracks where you are reved always above 4500 them a single turbo is better. Also those supras and 300Z's run without BOV's so they don't loose the boost. Did you know that? If they had BOV's they would loose too much boost and have LAGGGGGGGGGGGG! Yes that is Bad for the turbo and engine. SOme People play it like that. Others run safer twin setups that protect their engine and get the same performance sometimes. Other times not. It is kinda complecated. I suggest going to your local raceway and talking to Turbo Car owners. They know way more then me. I am just repeating what i have read/remember from what i know when i have talked to them.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

the purpose of twin turbo's is for faster response. a single turbo setup makes a peakier powerband and not so flat as twin turbo's

Return to “Forced Induction”