Clear this up for me...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
storm99

Clear this up for me...

Post by storm99 »

This 'electric supercharger' you can buy on ebay for like $140, is a pile of **** right?
Here's the link:
Electric Supercharger
Racing
\Ra"cing\, a. & n. from Race, v. t. & i.
The alchemy that turns base metals into heat, noise, power
and motion.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/storm99
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: Clear this up for me...

Post by Shady469 »

There are definately better things out there to buy for performance.
NOTE: one thing that struck me when looking at the dyno plot was that the run ended around 7,200rpm and was very linear; not like any other (B-series) Si's which tend to pull until 8,200 rpm and have a more pronounced crossover point. and according the KBB.com there was no 1996 civic Si. leading me to believe that that is a SOHC VTEC graph and in that case it must be one of a kind to be making that kind of power to the wheels with the bolt ons they mentioned.
Sorry for the rant, but advertising falsely isn't a very good way to stay in business IMO.

<small>[ September 24, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Shady469 ]</small>
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
storm99

Post by storm99 »

That's what I figured - a complete pack of lies to sell what amounts to a hairdryer!
Racing
\Ra"cing\, a. & n. from Race, v. t. & i.
The alchemy that turns base metals into heat, noise, power
and motion.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/storm99
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

If I had 140 laying around I would try it, just to dyno before and after to settle the debate./
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

go buy MSD ignition for your $140 at least it will work and give you some performance gain. instead of wasting money on wanna-be greddy plastic turbo lmao
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Forced Induction”