Water problem

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Littlemx38

Water problem

Post by Littlemx38 »

I seem to be lossing lots of water from someware. I have checked all the holes and can't find a leak. It seems to be coming from the right side front of the car. I have to add water 1 jug a week.

Some say it could be a head gasket. Could this be the problem?
lakersfan1

Re: Water problem

Post by lakersfan1 »

May seem stupid, but did you check the radiator car on the driver's side of the car? I had a problem with mine for a while ..... I think I kocked it open while putting the air intake on/off.
Littlemx38

Post by Littlemx38 »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
May seem stupid, but did you check the radiator car on the driver's side of the car? I had a problem with mine for a while ..... I think I kocked it open while putting the air intake on/off.
yes I have. checked both caps. I am starting to wonder if it could be the water pump, since it is coming from that side of the block.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If it was the water pump, it'd be pretty obvious. As you poured water in, it'd all spill right back out......that's assuming it's the water pump seal, and not the gasket. But I still can't see the gasket going bad before the water pump seal. :shrug:
Kazik16

Post by Kazik16 »

odds are its your waterpump (not the gasket) what happens is as the waterpump goes bad, bearings break down, allowing water to come out of the overflow valve, it takes it about a day to drip all the water out, it does not come gushing out as he said above if its the waterpump itself, thats what mine did, to be sure, crawl under the block, look on the left side of the oil pan, see if theres a watermark of water running down the side, if so, i gaurantee its your waterpump
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kazik16
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
-Vernon Sanders Law

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”