What tranny to use for BPT

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
PAJboy2785

What tranny to use for BPT

Post by PAJboy2785 »

I have a BPT, soon to go in my MX, and i was wondering what trans to use. I know obviously the Pro LX 5 spd, but im talkin as far as gears and all. I will prob need the bellhousing to mount to the motor, but im just afraid the gears are a little to short in the protege tranny.

Anyone know about either swapping to a taller final gear to get more speed out of each gear, or just another tranny gear set that is compatible that has taller gears.

I know a lot of honda guys like to use the non vtec trannies, becuase the gears are a lot taller becauase its meant to get the same speed in each gear out of a lower reving engine, and when mated to the high revving vtec motors, some achieve like 110mph in 3rd gear and all. I am interested if there is anything like that I can do for the MX-3 with a BPT motor in it.

Thanks
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: What tranny to use for BPT

Post by Franko »

I am using the protege lx tranny and I do wish that the gears were taller.. I know that it is only a joke to max out the car in fifth.. I can do it no problem. However I dont know how fast I am going because my speedo is messed up. But then again the mx is not for top speed as much as it is for mind numbing acceleration :D
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “Forced Induction”