Do you guys have original/unoriginal doorlock actuator i

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DJsMX-3

Do you guys have original/unoriginal doorlock actuator i

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Ive been told by mazda that theres no original drivers side actuator available for the MX-3...

So im currently using one of those crappy universal ones :(

I have toyed with the ideea of getting another actuator for the passenger side door,reversing the mountingbracket and putting it into my drivers side door..

But when i called my autochopper "who has alot of experience with MX-3's" he told me,that he had tryed it and it was very difficult and the outcome was bad :(

Now im thinking maybe he didnt know what he was doing,so have any of you tryed this??
And with what results :confused2:

<small>[ April 13, 2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Dennis Jørgensen ]</small>
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
DJsMX-3

Re: Do you guys have original/unoriginal doorlock actuator i

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Forgot someting earlier..

What about newer MX-3's didnt they come with a power door lock actuator in the driversside either :confused2:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Come on you guys....
:confused2:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I have a universal one in my drivers side, but my passenger side has the actuactor already, so it just follows what happens on the driver side...i've though about the idea, but my mechanic had an actuator laying around, so we just used it instead
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Needforspeed: yeah but i think its wierd because i looked at it last weekend,and everything is "ready" for a original actuator in the driversside just to bolt on..

Theres the excact same holes in the driversside door where the actuator would be bolted on like in the passengerside door,only difference is that theres plugs in the holes...

And the "lock-tumbler" allso have the hole in it for the actuator like in the passengerside,only difference beeing that the plastic-clipon-thingy and the rod to the actuator is missing..

Last thing is that,on the mountingbracket for the passengerside actuator theres stamped "Right" like on so many other things in the car...But why do that if theres no left counterpart of it?? :D

Then i could take it right down to the stupid mazdaguys a just tell them to order it :idea:

I could get the passengersside actuator and all the stuff from a righthanddrive MX-3 maybe some of the UK guys can help with the ordernumbers??
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

ok well i think i have your answer. i puled the passinger door actuator out of a junker and instaled it on to the drivers side in my car the part will work on drivers side. the only problem i could see u having is if you dont have that plastic clip i dont see how toy can make it work. but good luck.
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Originally posted by Dennis Jørgensen:
Forgot someting earlier..

What about newer MX-3's didnt they come with a power door lock actuator in the driversside either :confused2:
Our car never came with a drivers side actuator because you open it by hand either by the key or inside with your hand. You only need the actuator if you have keyless entry, which our car never came with.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

The OEM actuator is part #742. Found this by total chance when looking at security systems... :shrug:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hey wasent paying attention cause there werent alot of replys,But that partnumber was it for the passengerside on a right hand drivecar or what MX-freak :)

And jaydog what about the the mountingbracket for the actuator?? as i see it that would have to be reversed to fit correctly...

Any english guys who have read this, that can help with partnumbers for your passengers side actuator,mounting-bracket,rod and the plasticclip plus nuts if all should be original?? :D

Or maybe you know of an online english salvageyard that could get me the stuff,any help would be greately appreciated ;)
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

To tell you the truth, I have no clue whether it is for passanger/driver side, or if there is a difference. Besides, if there is a differnce, you'd think the par# would only be a number apart? :shrug:

And sorry, I don't know if the #'s change when they went over seas (or at home for you).
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I just installed a aftermarket actuator on the drivers door. It makes the "lock/unlock" switch harder to move back and forth, but it works fine for keyless entry.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
I just installed a aftermarket actuator on the drivers door. It makes the "lock/unlock" switch harder to move back and forth, but it works fine for keyless entry.
I have an aftermarket actuator as well on my driver's side....when my module went, i got it replace and had a hard time reprogramming it...after a few weeks, it started to bend the key
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

I allso have mounted a aftermarket actuator in my driversside-door...

But it allready after about 2-3years gave me problems (had to take the actuator apart and solder some new wires directely at the solenoid-terminals) :D

Why not get all the little things perfect allso :cool:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”