What would you do...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Eric Moore

What would you do...

Post by Eric Moore »

Well..im half asleep..and didnt notice a general BS'n forum...so I figured this would be one of the most hit...

What would you do if you had a 93 1.6 4 cyl..with an ATX and about two or three thousand dollars. Just curious to see some responses. Not goin for the powered by vinyl look either..only body change I'll probably do is a front lip spoiler..
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Re: What would you do...

Post by hotsiit »

i would turbo the motor and swap to a manuel tranny...thats what i did :D ...started with a 93 sohc 1.6l atx also
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

if u have $2000, then go with the turbo from racingmazda. :D
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

Heh I was thinkin about it for a while...but then my engine just decided to start leakin oil pretty badly from somewhere on it. Of course it was right after I thought I had it running pretty good. No more squealin or any of that common junk...Thinkin bout just droppin a BP in and goin from there. Wonder how that'd work out...
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

although u might be able to find a bp with your money, if you only have 2 grand, your still going to have a atx 1.6 mx3 with a bp sitting somewhere and 2 grand less in your pocket cuz ure not going to get it in your car for under that much. if u get the turbo kit and fix your engine its probably much more cost effective, time saving, probably easier, and probably best of all cheaper. but hey a bp is a great motor. if you got the cash to do it right

Return to “Forced Induction”