succesful K8 turbocharged @10 psi!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BATTOSAI

succesful K8 turbocharged @10 psi!!

Post by BATTOSAI »

Finally I have made it! I was crazy thinking that I got no boost because my wastegate wasn´t closing perfectly, and the fact was that it opened at the slightest boost sign!
I set my boost at 5 psi with a t35, stock injectors, fuel pump,12:1 fmu and safc and hold it perfectly. Then I noticed that past 8 psi the car leaned really fast, so Iinstalled the 220 cc/min kl injectors with my Walbro 255 lph fuel pump and can run the 10 psi without overheating, pinging, or running lean!
The next step will be swapping my intercooler for one bigger, so the charge will be cooler!
Keep you updated!!!

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]</small>
European Mx3 GsRT
BATTOSAI

Re: succesful K8 turbocharged @10 psi!!

Post by BATTOSAI »

Oh , I forgot! full boost at 4000 ( not really good) but it´s REALLY FAST!!!!
European Mx3 GsRT
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

get ya butt to a dyno :D congrats man its been a long time comin
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

any pics of the layout?
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Sweet!!!!!! I wana see power numbers here! And a estimated total cost? PICS! Videos anything! this is awsome!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Why'd you turbo the K8? You should've gone wit the KL-03, it can just as easily run on 10psi and it gets more power. Anyways good job congrats on the install and I'm sure later you can use the same setup more or less if you decide to upgrade to a KL-03.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

he could just swap his setup over to a KL-03
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Illa Killa:
Why'd you turbo the K8? You should've gone wit the KL-03, it can just as easily run on 10psi and it gets more power. Anyways good job congrats on the install and I'm sure later you can use the same setup more or less if you decide to upgrade to a KL-03.<hr></blockquote><p>So when a person like you comes along he can call you a ********* for ridculing him for doing something cool..<p>
good work dude nicee to hear of things like this being done.. even if everyone can not appricate it.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

a K8 is actually more turbo ready than any KL engine. Smaller ports and fewer overlaps. Non aggressive cams....very safe. Less power overall, but very safe.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'd like to see a stock dyno chart, and the turbo'd dyno chart, then compare. Also would like to see a product list and price list of everything you bought to make the turbo kit.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Yo torpedan what are you talking about? I didnt call him anything derogetory nor did I hate on his accomplishment. I told him congrats and complimented him. All I asked was why he didnt use a bigger engine that he could've used the same setup on when the engine is very cheap and very easy to get out of curiosity. Next time mind your business. And Darren I know the K8 is more turbo friendly but I also know first hand that a turbo KL-03 can easily be just as safe and can make bigger gains than the K8. I see a great example of a safe turbo KL-03 everyday and it's got lots of miles on it too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i do agree that torpedan did jump the gun a bit, it was a fair question that didnt deserve that type of reply, i know i would have asked that question
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

just a quick question<p>
what is abrams running for boost
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

thats the MX3 GS stock engine.

Return to “Forced Induction”