E6K and speedo/tach

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ikedasquid

E6K and speedo/tach

Post by ikedasquid »

I see that the speedo and tach get their input from the ECU which gets it's from sensors. With the E6K and the stock ECU gone, how do you run the speedo and tach? Does the E6K do it for you?
tiburon

Re: E6K and speedo/tach

Post by tiburon »

You use one of the aux lines from the E6k to run the tach. The haltech also has lines to run to a "road speed sensor" but I have a 93' with a cable drive so I cant really give you much info on that. If all else fails, run the the yard and pick up the stuff you need to convert to cable drive(cluster, cable, drive gear) and hook that up.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

By gone you mean you sold it or through it out?
You'll need the harness for the starter, alt, and main relays.<p>With the speedo gear, you can't use the BP speedogears nor the 1.8 v6's with the 94+ yr model. I have'nt verified yet, but the 2.5v6 gear out of the Mx-6, Probe, 626 may be possible.<p>The other possibility, like RiceR. said, run the gauge cluster, cable, and BP tranny gear.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

take your tach wire and run it to the (-) side of the coil. also, the speedo isn't dependant upon the ecu. the haltech has a road speed input, but that's just for data logging.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “Forced Induction”