which turbo for klze?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
M0RDECHA1 MANDELL

which turbo for klze?

Post by M0RDECHA1 MANDELL »

I am looking to turbocharge my klze on stock internals. I want up to 7 psi of boost which means
I need a small turbo but not too small cause I want
to be able to redline the car without it choking at
high revs. I am thinking either a GT25 or GT28. Also should it be oil and water cooled or just oil cooled. I only want about 225-250whp max. just enough to be reliable and efficient through out the
entire powerband.
"They're 2 types of people in this world, people that work for money and people that make money work for them."
VizualXTC

Re: which turbo for klze?

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BUG$Y:
I am looking to turbocharge my klze on stock internals. I want up to 7 psi of boost which means
I need a small turbo but not too small cause I want
to be able to redline the car without it choking at
high revs. I am thinking either a GT25 or GT28. Also should it be oil and water cooled or just oil cooled. I only want about 225-250whp max. just enough to be reliable and efficient through out the
entire powerband.
<hr></blockquote><p>Go with a T3 from an old fored t-bird (88-89 I believe) or get one on eBay for $200
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

The t-25 and t-28 can't push the amount of air at low boost. I bought a 14G ( close in size)for fifty bucks off the people that did my motor swap, and searched for the compressor maps and the 14G could not put out what I needed 6lbs at 300hp was my starting points, for that amount of power the 14G had to run at like 14lbs to push the air needed.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

you gotta remember that it's not as much PSI you have to look at, as it is more CFM. Remember a T28 is a T25 impeller paired with a T3 compressor. The T28 will produce as much boost as a T3. The reason it isn't as widly used as the T3 is because of the T25 impeller will spool quick, but run out at higher RPM's. Just like a t3/t4 is a t3 impeller and a t4 compressor.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Go onto Probetalk.com and look up a guy named My_Probe_Is_Faster or something like that. He has a ZE running 9.5psi on stock internals and has a 12.91 ¼ mile time. It's not the best on Probetalk but its the only seriously boosted ZE I know of. You should definitely talk to him to see whats up.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I think a T3 will spool TOO fast and you'd be at max boost too soon. I just sold one because of that. I'd go with a T3/T4. That way you have fast spool but higher boost
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
maldo

Post by maldo »

I would personally skip the T3 due to your displacement. The T3 super 60 is a great turbo but that usually applies to 2L or less. May as well start with a T3/T04E, look at a 42 or 50 trim, .48 A/R, and a stage 2 or 3 exhaust wheel. This would spool faster than some but will still have some lag. Remember, the faster it spools the faster you destroy your transmission or loose traction. Lag is your friend with fwd cars, you just need to find a happy medium. Try giving Turbonetics or Innovative Turbo a call, they can properly size a turbo for you. I guess it depends on how effective of a system you want, you should be budgetting close to $1000 for a new turbo. If you want the cheaper route, look at a big 16G.

Return to “Forced Induction”