fuel rails

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3optidrive

fuel rails

Post by mx3optidrive »

I was just wondering which fuel rails people are using for their turbo set ups? I have a set of non-turbo RX7 injectors and was wondering which rails to use. Thanks for any help.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
OsoSlo z28

Re: fuel rails

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the stock fuel rails can support most f/i needs.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

So these will work with the 2nd gen RX-7 injectors?
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
maldo

Post by maldo »

yes
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Thanks guys. I also have a ATI FMU and this is what the guy sent me for a description and I was wondering if this is what I needed and if anyone had anymore info on it.<p>"THe FMU is fully ajustable, It works on vacum/boost, As it senses boost it starts to cutoff the fuel return line going back to the fuel tank, as a result it boosts the fuel going into the motor. The more boost , the more fuel! It has a a shrouder valve located on the side of it, to adjust how rich you want it. I'm not 100% sure if it an 8 to 1 or a 10 to 1 ration FMU, I can't remember. What that means is it is ajustable right down from (1 to 1) to (8 or 10 to 1), Which means it can boost your fuel by that pressure, if you had it set at half way, your fuel pressure would now be 4 to 5 times for pressure at the injectors(pressure) not actually 4 or 5 times the pressure. ex. your fuel is a 40lbs stock, you set the fmu to half way being roughly 4 to1 or 5 to 1, your pressure would now jump up to roughly 60lbs under boost."
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
maldo

Post by maldo »

Sounds like a basic rising rate FPR, a good basic (albeit archaic) means of fuel tuning/control. This will get the job done for you. You will want to set the base fuel pressure at or just above factory settings depending on what you have done to the motor. Keep a close eye on the O2 voltage for tuning, ideally you want about .88-.93 under load. Be aware that the readings will fluctuate, at idle you should try to achieve a .70ish or greater voltage. Again this all depends on octane, weather, and just about everything else.

Return to “Forced Induction”