HELP broke bpt

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ikedasquid

HELP broke bpt

Post by ikedasquid »

i was adjusting the mix by adding a variable resistor in series with the coolant temp sensor (yea, it's a no-no but i'm getting low on cash)
and everything was fine and as i was getting ready for a drive test the car just died.
it turns over and at first would sort of sputter and run extremely rough as long as i had the gas fully down. i thought that somehow i must have flooded it (can you flood a EFI car?) and removed the sparkplugs, cranked it over a few times, replaced the spark plugs, and now nothing. it still cranks over but doesn't even try to start.
i have checked for spark and voltage at the injectors and both are fine. the computer has no stored codes that it did not have before. i have had no detonation problems or anything like that. there is 40psi on the fuel rail (normal). also there is a definate smell of fuel coming from the exhaust pipe, which makes me thing that fuel is entering the cylinders. i checked the spark by putting a screwdriver in the boot of the wire and allowed the spark to jump from the screwdriver to the valvecover (actually once it jumped into my hand, across my chest down the other arm and to the upper radiator support, but that's another story). the spark is very strong. before this it ran fine and the only change was that resistor in series with the coolant temp sensor. which i removed as soon as the problem happened.

Return to “Forced Induction”