ZEX or NEX?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
zevirii

ZEX or NEX?

Post by zevirii »

Couple of questions:<p>1. ZEX or Nitrious Express?
2. ZEX Which Kit?
3. Nitrious Express Which kit?
4. ZEX says it can't work with a adjustable fuel pressure regulator? I was thinking of adding a AFPR but not sure now.. Does a KLZE need a AFPR?
5. Where is the best place to buy the kit?(lowest price?)
6. Wet or Dry for the KLZE?<p>Thanks ;)<p>[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: zevirii ]</p>
zevirii

Re: ZEX or NEX?

Post by zevirii »

bump... :roll:
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I would steer clear of zex just heard bad things through the grapevine.. <p>With any system i always advise to go wet as of a saftey net for the motor..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

nitrous express is the best kit to use with this motor. they make it for 4 or 6 cylinder motors. i have used the single stage E.F.I system. checkout nitrous express.com for all the specs. just my opinion dude.
later
klze, custome supercharger setup, powerdyne BD 10 charger, holly fuel pump, full stand alone fuel managment (SDS) MSD ignition with blaster coil and much more..

Post by Guest »

thats alot of money for such a stupid thing, save some more money abd get a turbo, just my opinion, i think it would be worth waiting a month or two, for REAL power.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

power is power, no matter how you put it down. there are many different ways of doing it. nitrous is just one of them. i had the zex kit installed on my 240sx and it was very nice. no problems at all. i have worked somewhat with the nitrous express and the only difference i noticed was the install. ZEX is sooooo much easier to understand and install. if this is your first time installing a nitrous system i would say go with the zex kit. they both offer a wet kit also so they have no direct benefits over one another.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Post by Guest »

well i think of it this way, what if you wanted to do real track racing, not just strips, are you gonna hit the store every lap and fill the tank, I just think turbos are more practical since they are self sufficient. Butyour right power is power, even if its cheesy!!" :p
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I would love to have a supercharger or a turbo, but you talking like $3000 to $5000. I want the Nitrous cause Its more like $500 - $1000... Tell me where I can get a turbo cheaper and I am there...<p>

Post by Guest »

im just bustin your balls dude, im the same way, hey im just starting to buy stuff for my ze, you already have one!" :p Im just saying Id save for a couple months more, it would be worth the wait! But Im sure you want it for the summer, so maybe next year right?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Thing is I would love to get a turbo but it will be atleast a year or so for I have money like that.. I am thinking of taking a wielding class, to learn how to make the pipes...
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I got a Zex kit for the following reasons. I am not rolling in extra cash. I do not have the technical know how to make a turbo let alone try to pay someone to do it for me. Space was also a consideration. I chose nitrous because it was affordable, and installation was something I would enjoy doing myself in an afternoon with the most basic of skills.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I like zex kits too
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Just an FYI, ZEX is made by competition cams (COMP CAMS). they are right down the street from my work.<p>[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I was actually thinking of the NX N-tercooler. Goes right on to the intercooler and freezes the air on the way in, its knows to add about 50 horse. It doesnt seem to be that expensive either. Also to fill you can use CO2 or N20.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
Just an FYI, ZEX is made by competition cams (COMP CAMS). they are right down the street from my work.<p>[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]<hr></blockquote><p>Really? That's intresting. Any services or products that they provide for us??? besides the N2O that is.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."

Return to “Forced Induction”