clicking noise when turning

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mx3eurogurl

clicking noise when turning

Post by mx3eurogurl »

when i turn i hear clicking noise. not sure what it is. i think its my axel but not sure. any suggestions? thanks
:)
*Girls can go fast too!*
lakersfan1

Re: clicking noise when turning

Post by lakersfan1 »

It's either the voice of reason telling you to move out of Wisconsin, or your CV axle.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Jack up your car and look at the CV joint on both axels. If they are ripped, then you need to replace the axel(or get a CV boot repair kit). You are better off replacing the axel though. If its not the axel, it can also be your ball joint. When the car is jacked up, see if there is any play in the wheel. Check side to side and up and down. And what I hav also found out recently, on the Cavalier I got stuck driving until the mx is back up, the rack and pinion should be checked last. Check those three things and you will have your answer.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

yeah it is probably the cv axle i am having that replaced right now not to expensive.
Guard-TL-

Post by Guard-TL- »

It's definly your cv axle, my has benn clicking for about 6 months now but only at supper slow speeds. I know i need to fix it, but need to do a few other things first.
95 MX-3 RS, Black, 5 Speed.
Mazda Speed body kit.
17" white ADR "vision" rims.
SONY head unit, speakers, subs, and amp.
Costume CAI, and Exhaust systems.
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Dont know if you had this fixed yet, but since I'm in the area, I would suggest taking the car to a place called CV Pro. They specialize in Axle work. Chances are it is the CV joint. If you or a friend have a Bucky Book (coupon book like those Entertainment books) There is a coupon in there. They sell a shaft that has a lifetime warranty. I'd suggest replacing the whole shaft with that. It's not that expensive and it's worth it. I like to really drive my MX-3 hard and have gone through about 6 CV joints. This last set is the lifetime warranty shafts from CV Pros. and they have been lasting a long time. Not that it matters since if anything goes wrong with them it gets worked on free, (Parts AND Labor) Great deal.

Rik
Phat93Mx3

Post by Phat93Mx3 »

Yep it's the CV axel...I've replaced both of them twice now...
PHRASE "The Fast and the Furious" equals "The Slow and the Silly"

TERM "Sleeper" equals your a$$ just got handed to you... =)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”