Corksport Turbo Project

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Corksport Turbo Project

Post by cjthor »

Hey Guys,
As you know my I took my car down to Corksport to get my turbo installed and an intercooler made and installed. I brought her down there on the 27th or March and its still there. They kinda work VERY slow. Chris (the mechanic) does a good job but I guess perfection takes time. There have been some hangups, but not many were parts related...not so that it would take 3 weeks to install. Derrick has tried to get my car completed on three different occasions to no avail. It WAS supposed to be done today but they called the welder too late to have him scheduled to come in last night. Now its going to be Monday. Sorry for the long post....Just had to vent. So if anyone in the area wants to have them do work be prepared to wait....
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Corksport Turbo Project

Post by monty73741 »

hey man all i have heard is great things about corksport.......
plus one off fabrication takes time......
least......you will have the turbo done.....<p>jason<p>
oh where is the write up for the apex afc
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Mx3LilSix

Post by Mx3LilSix »

Are they going to do the K8 or KLZE...turbo cause I'm getting a hard on if they do. <p>JMan
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

hey nothin against ya man, but you are bein a little too whiney. that **** takes time, trust me ive done it a number of times. when stuff isnt available to ya, you gotta have it made. that takes time.. there are probably busy with other stuff too. you arent there priority, they have a business to run. just take a breather and relax im sure it will come out very nice :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by boostedmx:
hey nothin against ya man, but you are bein a little too whiney. that **** takes time, trust me ive done it a number of times. when stuff isnt available to ya, you gotta have it made. that takes time.. there are probably busy with other stuff too. you arent there priority, they have a business to run. just take a breather and relax im sure it will come out very nice :D <hr></blockquote>
Well I live like 15 minutes from there so I can swing by at a whim and check progress. The only "custom" thing they needed to make was the intercooler endtanks and piping which they just did, or are still doing. Everything else was supplied by me. Guess its just hard having someone else tinkering with your car... :shrug:
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i know how u fell me my car has been in the shop for 3 weeks now for my bp swap
can't wait to get it out
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Hey I feel you man, its tough waiting for stuff like that. I know I was just about pissin my pants when I had my exhaust put on, just hang in there and think about how sick it will be when its done. :D
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marlon:
i know how u fell me my car has been in the shop for 3 weeks now for my bp swap
can't wait to get it out
<hr></blockquote>
Yup I would guess your car would be there that long. Mine is basically a bolt on turbo project. Just talked to Derrick. Should be done monday ;) We will see boys and girls..
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

it should of been done in 3 days but they sent the wrong engine and then i couldn't find a tranny so now i got the right engine and gonna use the stock tranny for a bit
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

dont feel bad man, we got the motor in on the first weekend but have been held up since and that was three weeks ago. i drove it on thurs for the first time and man, it was definately worth the wait.(no traction at all for 1st 2nd and most of 3rd)
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Yeah corksport runs slow for anything they do.. really pisses me off.. there part selection si good along with there knowhow for our cars.. but jesus crist a turtle could outrun there speed of service.. and yeah i would be spewin flames if it were my car..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Patience is a virtue that you need in this hobby. I have put 355kms on my car in the last year, less than 3000kms in the pas 2 years. It has almost been a year since my car was operating perfectly. It does take time to do things perfectly and there is no excuse for doing them less than perfect the first time. That said, Corksport is slow at everything they do. Too bad, as that is the only negative that I have ever encountered with them.<p>BTW, welding is now done on the frame, new front crossmember is fabricated with new radiator mounts. S14 Koyo rad should be in by the weekend. (only 4 months worth of work.) :shrug:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Still waiting on the BOV flange since last week. They've known they were going to need on all along but waited to order it. First it was ordered too late and was shipped out the following day. Then it was shipped out the next day but ground. Then they re-ordered overnight and was supposed to show today. Unfortunately it was sent to the wrong address so now I THINK it will be maybe tomorrow. No words can express my frustration. I'm about to rip off the freakin Corksport banner on my car....
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
Still waiting on the BOV flange since last week. They've known they were going to need on all along but waited to order it. First it was ordered too late and was shipped out the following day. Then it was shipped out the next day but ground. Then they re-ordered overnight and was supposed to show today. Unfortunately it was sent to the wrong address so now I THINK it will be maybe tomorrow. No words can express my frustration. I'm about to rip off the freakin Corksport banner on my car....<hr></blockquote>
ya my second engine was suppossed to show up today but never did, so hopefully tommorrow it will show up and it's the right one
i just want my f---en car
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Patience fellas, I have been waiting for a month for my car to get its finishing touches done, I'm waiting for this 500hp mr2 to leave the shop and have been for 2 months. It was supposed to be gone last week, but then they took it out and blew up the tranny, now I have to wait for that guy to pay the money for the fix, and the fix itself. stoopid.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “Forced Induction”