ram air?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Majin Vegeta

ram air?

Post by Majin Vegeta »

hey guys, i saw this post just now on ebay, and i don't know what to think of it... any of you have an opinion on it?<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 146366</UL>
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: ram air?

Post by Mnemonic »

eeeek i dont see a picture<P>so i wouldnt buy it<P>I believe that Weapon R makes a intake called the dragon intake, now u can get another kit that connects to the dragon intake that soposevly makes it a ram air intake. the dragon intake cost around 225 and the kit to make it a ram is about 150 so its about 400 after taxes and what not to be on the safe side
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

unless your going for show car looks dont buy any kit. You can make a custom intake yoruself for hundreds less. Check around this site, there is plenty of "how-to's".
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

DON'T buy it. It's a expandable dryer tube, a plastic junk scoop, with two 4" hose clamps. I already got ripped on that one.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

and the dragon intake is junk to. for a short ram just put a k&n or equivalent on the end of the tube. cold air do a search on home depot intake on this board and make that.<BR>the weapon r is a piece of ****. i bought it last year and spent close to 200 and you know what i got? a cone filter and a 2in long piece of aluminum pipe so i called them up and asked where my tube was and they said that was it so i said keep the whole thing<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3 Ricer:<BR><STRONG>DON'T buy it. It's a expandable dryer tube, a plastic junk scoop, with two 4" hose clamps. I already got ripped on that one.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Did you leave him negative feedback? Do all the other mxers out there a favor and let them know that it is a poorly designed kit.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3 Ricer:<BR><STRONG>DON'T buy it. It's a expandable dryer tube, a plastic junk scoop, with two 4" hose clamps. I already got ripped on that one.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Did you leave him negative feedback? Do all the other mxers out there a favor and let them know that it is a poorly designed kit.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

yea foam filters arent very good. k&n are the best for your buck, paper filters are ok if you oil them when needed, and the steel mesh filters are good too i hear such as blitz or ractive.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the 4cyl performance forum.<P>Also, 9 times out of 10, MX-3 specific items on Ebay are a scam. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. And if it doesn't, I've got some nice beachfront property to sell you....
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “Forced Induction”