roots blower?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
yellowtoe22

roots blower?

Post by yellowtoe22 »

i recently read the faq about superchargers and there was lots of talk about the roots blower, but all i really got out of it was that a roots blower is better than a centrifugal blower. could someone please explain to me what the heck a roots blower is and where you can get one for a klze. from what i understand it gives good low end and midrange power, which is exactly what i want. any info is greatly appreciated.
ProtegeSTS

Re: roots blower?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Nobody has yet to build a "kit" for a roots blower. However, the blower itself can be aquired fairly cheaply through Ebay. Look for the blowers off late model GMs. <P>Do a search on "roots supercharger" or "roots blower" on any search engine and you should get a ton of information.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
pelado

Post by pelado »

Visit <A HREF="http://www.howstuffworks.com." TARGET=_blank>www.howstuffworks.com.</A>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

I found a good site for supercharger information when I was reading up on Lysholm compressors. Have a look at <A HREF="http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0105ec_supercharger/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0105 ... harger/</A> for a quick look at the physical construction for some of the many types of superchargers.<P>Interestingly, seaching for 'mazda supercharged' on Google puts Jeff Abrams site at the top of the list.<p>[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Psyrg ]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>Nobody has yet to build a "kit" for a roots blower.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, that is not exactly true. TKT has this.<BR> Image <P>If you want to know about roots blowers go to these articles on <A HREF="http://www.Sportcompactcarweb.com." TARGET=_blank>www.Sportcompactcarweb.com.</A> <BR><A HREF="http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/ ... ercharged/" TARGET=_blank>Supercharged!</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0107scc_garage/" TARGET=_blank>Supercharger Overview</A>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

If by "kit", you mean a collection of parts that may or may not fit, and may or may not work as advertised, after countless hours of fabrication, then yes, TKT does have a roots blower kit.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

Its also a step further than anyone else has gone. It kills me too see you flame someone and not own there product. People may have had there complaints but they always will, even if its a greddy or some other BIG name brand. Do you honestly think that rics kit will be any better? If so in what areas? Im sitting here looking at a brand new tkt kit and cant see what you are talking about. there are no crock pots for heat shields. The manifold is made from thick weld els and is very strong. Welds are perfect. And it is a complete kit. weld a flange to the stock header pipe and bolt it on. And yes, all hardware comes with it. <BR>So keep on flamin the guy that makes the only effort I've seen to get something out there for us. period. :mad:
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
pelado

Post by pelado »

TKT HAS made the mistake in the past of selling kits that are thrown together. He has obviously sacrificed quality to make a quick sale before.<P>David would be doing the readers a disservice if he did not mention this fact.<P>TKT has made his bed and now must lay in it. If TKT wishes to regain any respect in the Mazda/Probe community, then he had better sell a lot of kits of the same quality you received. If he had any business savvy at all, then he would offer significant discounts in the short term to get as many of these kits out there as possible.<P>If Bill Gates (MicroSoft) was the only company selling software for the IBM PC, then the software would still be the crap that it is. I wouldn't owe him any allegiance because he's the only one.<p>[ November 03, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

For every good TKT story I've heard, there are 10 bad ones. If I didn't mention that, that wouldn't be helping anybody but Geoff/Thomas/whatever his name is this week Knight.<P>I just state the facts. Do with them what you choose.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Well, that is not exactly true. TKT has this.<BR> :eek: is that SC for mazda kl engines? where can u get one from
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><P>IS that is what i see?????<BR> :eek: is that SC for mazda kl engines? where can u get one from</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <A HREF="http://www.boosthead.com" TARGET=_blank>www.boosthead.com</A>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>Its also a step further than anyone else has gone. It kills me too see you flame someone and not own there product. People may have had there complaints but they always will, even if its a greddy or some other BIG name brand. Do you honestly think that rics kit will be any better? If so in what areas? Im sitting here looking at a brand new tkt kit and cant see what you are talking about. there are no crock pots for heat shields. The manifold is made from thick weld els and is very strong. Welds are perfect. And it is a complete kit. weld a flange to the stock header pipe and bolt it on. And yes, all hardware comes with it. <BR>So keep on flamin the guy that makes the only effort I've seen to get something out there for us. period. :(<BR> Image How bout that pipin.<BR> Image I wouldnt put TKT in the same sentence as Greddy.<p>[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

why dont you tell me what they would use in a custom intercooler pipe set-up? its mandrel bent and was going to fit fine, i test fitted everything. i sold it to you because i went water to air. i would have used that stuff, it is fine. any intercooler that i have purchased that has had a custom core has had to be cut. its the name of the game. you cut to fit or the size someone wants then u weld on endtanks. <BR>If you have purchased any turbo kits in the past you would know this. and yes i have had greddy also. its not a bad product but the only thing it has over it is looks. just because an intercooler isnt polished or it isnt the same look as everyone elses doesnt make it bad. <BR> besides you saw the same pics and THEN purchased, so you liked it then. i wouldnt say that was a bad sell at 250 bucks, would you?
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

The pics you originally were small and couldnt see much detail. I also think they were black and white pics. I will see if I still have em. If I would have seen detailed pics like this I dont think I would have gotten it. Yes the intercooler should work but the piping leaves a lil to be desired. Corksport is going to custom fit me an intercooler and new piping so this stuff will be up fer sale shortly.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

I would say this is a poorly designed itercooler. Look at the endtanks, air has to do a 90 degree turn on the bottom just to exit if it even gets to the bottom.<P>The air should flow smoothly across the core without any ubstructional bends. Why he chose this is beyond me.<p>[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]

Return to “Forced Induction”