Update on RacingMazda kit

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
maldo

Update on RacingMazda kit

Post by maldo »

Ric emailed me yesterday and wants some feedback. I know where I stand on what I would require/want in a turbo kit, what are you guys looking for? Keep in mind, the more you want, the more it costs. This is for the B6 motors, I am sure that Ashley anxiously awaits parts for the BP motor. Ashley, Ric is working on a Pro kit right now :) . <P>Here is part of the email that Ric sent to me: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I know most of the 323/mx3 owners are looking to have a great price kit over equal length top line coated everything. so I will start with a 16G internal wastegate, front mount, 2 inch I/c piping 8-9 psi, greddy bov,2.25 i.d down pipe, cartech fmu and all the other necessities to make it work and safe. I am shooting for $2500 retail USD for the full kit but based on production cost it could be more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I imagine that both myself, Jarid, and possibly BoostedMX would up for an els manifold, I will convey that to him.<P>Please post your ideas here and I will relay the message to Ric.<P>Thanks guys,
Majin Vegeta

Re: Update on RacingMazda kit

Post by Majin Vegeta »

Maldo: i want to get a turbo kit that will put some king kong nuts on my car... one stipulation is that i want whatever is best for the car(price is not a primary concern to me, although i do not wish to spend more on the car than the car is worth); i don't want the turbo to ruin the car. it is a daily driver and i want it to remain that way. also, i would hope that the gas mileage doesn't get much worse, because i can say F Iraq and the oil proces because i get two weeks of driving with $17 in gas. so, with that all said, tell Ric deliver us into turbocharged status.
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

The manifold would definately be a plus. However it all depends on if it will be available seperately due to me having everyting else already. Also what kind of timeframe are we looking at.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
maldo

Post by maldo »

I have asked Ric to build a basic kit like he described in the message above, in addition I asked that he offer an els manifold, larger turbo, larger downpipe, etc as upgrades for individual puchase at a later date. The 16G puts out 505cfm, the T3/T04E that he uses in his X-kit puts out 695 cfm and is capable of 400+whp. He is finishing up on a MX-6 4cyl kit right now. He owns an RS himself so the last guess he had would be 2 weeks at the earliest date.
Majin Vegeta

Post by Majin Vegeta »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>...is capable of 400+whp...2 weeks at the earliest date.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ok, now this just kicks major a--. i've been waiting for this day to come almost as long as the day in which i would become a super saiyan!
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi
maldo

Post by maldo »

There is a lot more to it than just bolting on the kit for 400+whp. The guys that have 400+hp are running similar setups with TEC-III systems, some of them are using nitrous as well. Marc Kulak just hit 450rwhp on his miata with a similar setup and 50 shot of nitrous. Be ready to spend a minimum of $7000USD for a complete kit with TEC-III.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Any idea if the manifold will accept a IHI setup? I just sent out my vj to get extrude honed..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
maldo

Post by maldo »

I have my doubts as it is designed for the 16G but I don't think he changes manifolds when he does the upgrade to the T3/T04E, something to look into.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

stupid question....<BR>is ric going to do r & d on the <BR>piggy backing the stock ecu<BR>for the dohc<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

id be interested in just the manifold if he can do that.id like to use my vj-14 but i was leaning toward the 16g any way... <BR>by the way whats his contact info?
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the only thing that concerns me is that when i changed from t3 to t3/to4e i had to get a manifold made because the compressor housing was so much bigger than the t3. it hit the block. another issue is clearance. i had to move my radiator forward and ac definatley has to go. each time i had a manifold made it only costed about 250 - 300 bucks.will the down pipe bolt up? or a custom exhaust be constructed? and the last thing is the intercooler piping. how will it be the same every time it is made? will all the kits come with the exact same fmic? i had a problem getting the piping to fit from one mx3 to another even though the first one fit perfectly.<BR> and yes getting 400 hp out of these engines is not going to be a bolt on affair in most cases. to get there safely i would save about 8000- 9000 bucks easy. depending on your cost and if labor has to be paid.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
maldo

Post by maldo »

I am sure Ric will be able to answer all questions soon, I will be forwarding these concerns to him asap. <BR>1) I am sure that he has methods of ensuring that all i/c pipes are identical from kit to kit. I have not heard a single bad thing from any of the guys on miataforum.com. <BR>2) Rad placement is something I am aware of. Even my current setup is too close for comfort and I feel it contributes to my cooling issues. So far, best upgrade for the available space is a Fluidyne rad designed for the MA70. Should be picking mine up in the next month or so. Slim line fans might also be required, although this is to be a bolt-on affair.<BR>3)As it stands, I don't believe anything other than a FMU will be used for control aspects. Costs start to increase quickly. He does offer the TEC-III with injectors for $2800, this is a good price if you can afford it. <BR>4) Not sure of the dpipe situation, if you are looking to bolt to an existing setup it may require modifications.<BR>5) go to RacingMazda.com for contact info and pics of some of his kits. I believe he has the MX6 kit pictured.<P>I will pass this info on to Ric. Since this isn't even a completed product yet, please don't pester Ric with questions. Lets keep it here if we can until the product reaches the market. Don't really want to see this deal go sour like Marcor for headers and a few others. I really want to see this come to light.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Hey Chris, any word on if he's planning a K8 or KL turbo setup? Also, even tho I'm not able to participate in this, I think the els manifold is a very good idea. Also, he may want to think about having 2 manifold designs. One for the IHI, and one for the Garret turbochargers. Just a thought.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
maldo

Post by maldo »

Here is a recent email from Ric:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Thanks Chris. The manifold will be of the weld ELS design (like the mx/probe) Seems lots of the guys are using the ihi rb series. Let them know there are still lots of upgrades, super 16, 18G and others. The down pipe, intercooler piping and size can be as an upgrade for those who don't mind spending on there car. I can even do a race of (x-kit version. <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Majin Vegeta

Post by Majin Vegeta »

what is all of this supposed to run us? did he give you an idea as far as the pricing for the lowest rated turbo to the highest rated turbo? or is this something he has yet to determine?
94 MX-3 1.6L
04 STi

Return to “Forced Induction”