Can a supercharged KLZE handle a small shot of nitrus?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Sean Mandell

Can a supercharged KLZE handle a small shot of nitrus?

Post by Sean Mandell »

I was planning on supercharging the klze for sure but was thinking that if 10 seconds would be out of the question with nitrus? Of corse I will be using stand Alone and upgraded fuel system but I was more worried about the internals. can stock internals handle 7psi with say a 75 shot of juice? ;)<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
BigProbe

Re: Can a supercharged KLZE handle a small shot of nitrus?

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG> can stock internals handle 7psi with say a 75 shot of juice? ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No. It'd have a rough time handling 7psi...<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>I was planning on supercharging the klze for sure but was thinking that if 10 seconds would be out of the question with nitrus? Of corse I will be using stand Alone and upgraded fuel system but I was more worried about the internals. can stock internals handle 7psi with say a 75 shot of juice? ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>there is no need for N20 if you're running a supercharger. The reason some use it with a turbo is to minimize lag. With 7 psi you should experience minimal if any lag. If you did put a 75 shot on the SC/KLZE you would blow your engine instantly. Although if you upgraded internals (custom pistons, rods, shot peined crank) your engine could handle upwards of 500+BHP. I believe Dave Lazier was running 11.1 sec. with his TT BPT with ~480WHP. (aprox. 565BHP @ 15% drivetrain loss)<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

nitrous works for ANY engine,and will work better in FI situations due to the intercooling effect. <P>Nobody can be sure, but id say it could hold it if its tuned very well, and you have the fuel. I wouldnt trust the axles though.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>nitrous works for ANY engine,and will work better in FI situations due to the intercooling effect. <P>Nobody can be sure, but id say it could hold it if its tuned very well, and you have the fuel. I wouldnt trust the axles though.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why tho? it's a supercharger. if you want the extra power, change the pulley to a higher boost level.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

Just so he can say:<P>"Y0! I gotz NAWS AND a SizzooperChargah!"<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>He WONT have the fuel figured out enough to do both...he wont have the rod strength...nor the timing control...
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR><STRONG>Just so he can say:<P>"Y0! I gotz NAWS AND a SizzooperChargah!"<P> :roll:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR><STRONG>Just so he can say:<P>"Y0! I gotz NAWS AND a SizzooperChargah!"<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>He WONT have the fuel figured out enough to do both...he wont have the rod strength...nor the timing control...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Darin, he said he'd have a stand alone and the upgraded fuel system to hold it. <P>Where do you get your info about the rod strength? Nobody with a KL or ZE has done it "right" with those 2 important things yet, so you have ZERO basis for any conclusions.<P>I agree that you'll be pushing the envelope, but i think with near perfect tuning, its realistic. Ive seen a few honda boys running some big numbers on stock internals with GOOD tuning. Thats the key. Ignition timing says where the force goes...
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Darin, he said he'd have a stand alone and the upgraded fuel system to hold it. <P>Where do you get your info about the rod strength? Nobody with a KL or ZE has done it "right" with those 2 important things yet, so you have ZERO basis for any conclusions.<P>I agree that you'll be pushing the envelope, but i think with near perfect tuning, its realistic. Ive seen a few honda boys running some big numbers on stock internals with GOOD tuning. Thats the key. Ignition timing says where the force goes...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My info on Rod Strength? Have you seen a KLD rod? Have you seen a KLZE rod? ;) <P>o re: Being original and running SC + N2O...<P>It's hard enough to get a ZE running correctly ANYWAY...adding Forced Induction makes it even MORE dificult...throw N2O on top of that? Geesh. <P>I did come across like an a--, and I apologize; however I know the futility that IS high-power KL motors. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>Best of luck...at best, you'll blow the motor in 6 months...at worst? 6 days.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR><STRONG><P>My info on Rod Strength? Have you seen a KLD rod? Have you seen a KLZE rod? ;) <P>o re: Being original and running SC + N2O...<P>It's hard enough to get a ZE running correctly ANYWAY...adding Forced Induction makes it even MORE dificult...throw N2O on top of that? Geesh. <P>I did come across like an a--, and I apologize; however I know the futility that IS high-power KL motors. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>Best of luck...at best, you'll blow the motor in 6 months...at worst? 6 days.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i've held a K8 rod though. I still think that with tuning, it'll be fine.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

o re: Being original and running SC + N2O..<P>see a couple of years ago having a klze in your mx-3 was the newest performance mod. now there are tons of people out there tuning the klze. the mx-3 is evolving and thanks to everyone that tries and spend $$$$ to the R&D of the ultimate mx-3. We have conquered the klze swap now we could either be satisfied or want more. If we limit ourselves then there would be no excuse for living. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG> If we limit ourselves then there would be no excuse for living. :)<P>My point is...if you want original, swap in a Rotary. Just because something is original, doesnt mean its smart.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigProbe:<BR>[QB<P>My point is...if you want original, swap in a Rotary. Just because something is original, doesnt mean its smart.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I already have an 1979 rx-7 which I am restoring slowly. ;) <P>I don't think that suggestion is more logical than mine. I also know a very well known tuner for japanese engines and he has been tuning j-spec cars for 20 years. He can get 230 whp from a b16 naturally aspired. I think that u might be biased cause u might have had problems tuning ur car and tuning that might be hard for u is easy for someone with more knowledge. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My point is...if you want original, swap in a Rotary. Just because something is original, doesnt mean its smart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wish I were rich so I could do it! :)
-Golli
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

This is like tuning a honda. Doable....buy why. :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”