Question for Kick @$$ Mazda

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mazda20

Re: Question for Kick @$$ Mazda

Post by mazda20 »

I have been wanting to see what it ends up on paper, but the biggest problem I am facing now is the clutch. I want good numbers so I have been putting away the cash for a ACT Stage II clutch, but as soon as I get everything right I will definitely post some numbers. As far as boost I enjoy 8PSI and it begins good spool up around 2500 RPM (5PSI) and I have max potential at 3000 RPM. This is why my clutch is shot.<P>For those serious about this let me know I have put together a cost for piping (mandrel bent) and the intercooler mod to fit in the front plus all the hose adapters. I am not a business so this would be because I enjoy my MX-3 and I know others would appreciate it as much as I do.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Well if you are considering a rebuild or engine swap then go for it because you really have nothing to loose only gain. You will have to setup your turbo system anyways so get it on and running good and when your engine goes (if it goes) then do the swap.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
FLYLOW

Post by FLYLOW »

When you put a turbo on the B6 does it lower it's life expectancy? Does the turbo let your car remain street legal in the US??
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FLYLOW:<BR><STRONG>When you put a turbo on the B6 does it lower it's life expectancy? Does the turbo let your car remain street legal in the US??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well I didn't really think about it because I got bite by the speed bug, just joking...<P>Really your probably losing a little on the car, but I read an article about how good these engines are and I didn't think twice about it, I also read it on this forum again as well. 8 pounds of boost plus atomospheric isn't really that bad. <P>As far as street legal that all depends on the state you live in, here they don't have emission checks so I could have a straight pipe to my muffler and that would be fine. CA on the otherhand probably not.
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Forced Induction”