Ive got questions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
zxr555

Ive got questions

Post by zxr555 »

Ive been thinkin if i should do an engine swap to a bpt or just put a nice size turbo on my dohc 1.6L and i want to know how much the engine swap would be and what else would i need to get for it i also would like to know how much it would cost to get like a t3/t4 turbo with an intercooler and what kind of mods would i have to do on it i would rather do just the turbo but i want the most horsepower i can get money isnt and issue yet i would like to hit about 250-300 hp but is that to hard plese tell me all you know thanks alot........
OsoSlo z28

Re: Ive got questions

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

look in the 4cyl FAQ. there's a rundown on what is needed an about what the prices are. there are also quite a few posts in this forum(f/i). search and ye shall find. in order to get 250-300hp, you'll need a good management system(haltec, motec, etc.), a bigger turbo, bigger inj. 550cc+, and some other items here and there. to get a better turbo(the stock vj20/21 turbo is choking the potential of the bpt) you'll need a diff. manifold. larsen motorsports sells them and braden of BLT is starting work on one as well. for i/c's, the best bet is to get a liquid/air i/c. if not, a big fmic is the weapon of choice. again, do a search and you should find what you are looking for.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “Forced Induction”