supercharged b6

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Stevech_2001

supercharged b6

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I was looking and they are suppose to have a jackson racing supercharger for the 1.6 miata...if my memory serves me well and by looking at a 1990 miata I noticed and have read that it's the same motor....so will the jrsc fit the DOHC mx-3 in theory it should...I have saw some poeple post but never really got anything from it....dose anyone have this setup because it would be easy and very very reliable
Steve
Sonicxtacy02

Re: supercharged b6

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

this is a double post...<P>the miata engine is mounted a different way i believe. It wont fit w/o heavy mods
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>I was looking and they are suppose to have a jackson racing supercharger for the 1.6 miata...if my memory serves me well and by looking at a 1990 miata I noticed and have read that it's the same motor....so will the jrsc fit the DOHC mx-3 in theory it should...I have saw some poeple post but never really got anything from it....dose anyone have this setup because it would be easy and very very reliable</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Doesn't the Miata have a BP engine?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

The snout on the blower would be around where your strutmount is. No way unless you're into tube frames. <P>89-93 Miata = B6<BR>94+ Miata = BP<P>[For American cars only]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

actually the supercharger is mounted above the exhaust manifold on the miata. Your main problem would be hood clearance, and radiator clearance. But essentialy it should bolt right up. oh you will also need to run custom intake piping because the miata intake manifold is facing the opposite direction yours is.
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:<BR><STRONG>actually the supercharger is mounted above the exhaust manifold on the miata. Your main problem would be hood clearance, and radiator clearance. But essentialy it should bolt right up. oh you will also need to run custom intake piping because the miata intake manifold is facing the opposite direction yours is.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And while you are doing the custom intake piping you might as well add an intercooler....
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:<BR><STRONG>actually the supercharger is mounted above the exhaust manifold on the miata. Your main problem would be hood clearance, and radiator clearance. But essentialy it should bolt right up. oh you will also need to run custom intake piping because the miata intake manifold is facing the opposite direction yours is.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Ahh that's right, those are weird like that. Though the belt for the SC has to run off the passenger's side, so that's going to be quite a trick. And that SC only gained 27whp on a B6 Miata in SCC....
David Coleman
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

ya the jackson is different.....it shouldnt' have radiator clearance problems because it is mounted on the back of the motor so the firewall clearance might be an isssue...it should only take some custom mounting brackets...and piping into an intercooler so you could run more then 6 psi...if you had the 8 psi pulley it would give way more hp's...but it's to expensive to buy and find out that there is no way in hell it's going to fit.....jrsc should come out with one for the mx-3 it wouldnt' take much effort on their part to do it, different mounts.....
Steve
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>ya the jackson is different.....it shouldnt' have radiator clearance problems because it is mounted on the back of the motor so the firewall clearance might be an isssue...it should only take some custom mounting brackets...and piping into an intercooler so you could run more then 6 psi...if you had the 8 psi pulley it would give way more hp's...but it's to expensive to buy and find out that there is no way in hell it's going to fit.....jrsc should come out with one for the mx-3 it wouldnt' take much effort on their part to do it, different mounts.....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the JRSC is mounted above the exhaust manifold...it'll be next to the radiator.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I'm pretty sure it's mounted on the intake sied...that's what I have saw on "Honda set up's" so I'm assuming it's the same for all seeing that it is directly forced iinto the intake not like the vortec ones that have piping.....but I might be wrong so.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] ....either way if you think about it it should work all that's different is the way the motor sit's...it would bolt directly up..if the clearance was fine than it would work good
Steve
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>I'm pretty sure it's mounted on the intake sied...that's what I have saw on "Honda set up's" so I'm assuming it's the same for all seeing that it is directly forced iinto the intake not like the vortec ones that have piping.....but I might be wrong so.... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] ....either way if you think about it it should work all that's different is the way the motor sit's...it would bolt directly up..if the clearance was fine than it would work good</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Ok, lets try this again...<P>[really big font] IT SITS OVER THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD ON MIATAS [/really big font]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

:roll:<P> Image <P>Now turn that sideways, and put it under your hood.
David Coleman
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<A HREF="http://miata.cardomain.com/member_pages ... 331&page=8" TARGET=_blank>JRSC = 110whp</A><P>Roots blowers blow. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

it also raises intake temps to detonation level--bad idea
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>it also raises intake temps to detonation level--bad idea</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thats why you would add either an air-to-air or water-to-air intercooler. You need custom piping so you might as well add one while you are at it and that will help make more power while decreasing intake temps.

Return to “Forced Induction”