Seen this before....I havent

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
guntzle

Seen this before....I havent

Post by guntzle »

Putter...Putter...Putter...
The Unstoppable MX-3 GS
killerpickle

Re: Seen this before....I havent

Post by killerpickle »

looks kinda fishy, I remember a while back there was a small debate about a product that claimed to ram air into the intake and all that it was, was a blade, or fan, that had no power source and supposedly spun with the natural air going into the intake and then as it built up speed, sucked more air in. I think we concluded that it actually hurt performance as it was resistance to airflow. As for this one, im not sure because it is powered......anyone else have any ideas?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BooM:<BR><STRONG><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1841919945" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... E><P>There is a post about the "electric supercharger" that has been talked about. Use the search in the upper right of the screen, and I'm sure that post will be helpful to you.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Theoretically it all depends on the rate of rotation that a fan or blade would have. In the case of a blade designed to create a vortex of air, such as the Tornado, the concept is that air sucked in passes over the blades and spirals through the intake to allow less turbulence from the ribbed directional portion of stock intakes. In the case of an electric fan the concept is similar, however I can't really see how such a small fan could spin fast enough to create enough rotation. It would have to spin faster than the air coming through the intake, which would be a lot faster than most miniature fans are capable of. I would think that a simple mounted, free rotating, fan would have the same effect as the air brought in would essentially spin the fan itself and create its own rotation.<P>I hope I've shed some light or helped someone with that little babble.<p>[ July 07, 2002: Message edited by: Hy300 ]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

it doesnt work...it cant work with today's technology.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Swego

Post by Swego »

I calculated my stock Mx-3 1.6 soch to suck in 144cfm at 6000 rpm. The fan blows at 150, which is same flow as the air coming in (no boost). Maybe there's a small boost at lower rpm. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “Forced Induction”