Nice Turbo on eBay

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mattster

Nice Turbo on eBay

Post by mattster »

I saw a turbo kit on eBay yesterday, It looked real nice... too bad I don't have $2k to throw around. Anyway I thought I might give you guys a heads up since there's been alot of talk about turbocharging a K8 1.8L. Could someone confirm if it is a Thomas Night setup? Here's the link:<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 42&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>eBay Link</A>
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
Bri94GS

Re: Nice Turbo on eBay

Post by Bri94GS »

Yea..looks pretty much like a Thomas kit...
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Esper

Post by Esper »

isn't he missing a manifold somewhere? or does the turbo run off of just 3 cylinders of exhaust?
Dude.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Nope. Thomas/Geoff, in his brilliance, decided to cut a hole in the turbing housing and weld another inlet to it. Anybody who knows about turbochargers knows that Turbine AR and other suchs specifications are somewhat precision, and that this was about the stupidest way to get around plumbing in the rear bank to the REAL turbine inlet I've ever seen. <P>I know this has to be a TKT kit, because that is right in line with his quality of turbo kits.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Thomas/Geoff, in his brilliance, decided to cut a hole in the turbing housing and weld another inlet to it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why would anyone EVER do that? :D LOL
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

on the website it claims 250-260 hp. sounds good to me<p>[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: boostedmx ]
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I agree with Dave 1000000000%. One of my freinds purchased a turbo "kit" from Knight, and went through hell trying to fit it on and get it to work right. I'd never recommend an of his products to anyone.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>on the website it claims 250-260 hp. sounds good to me<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I own you.<BR>Sounds good to me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>You don't believe the above claim, because you think about it, and look at the data, and realize that it's an unrealistic claim. So too, look at TKT's product, think about it, and realize it's an excellent door stop.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Rayman

Post by Rayman »

not to mention that all the els looks like they are just 180s and 90s....and bought right from a catalog. its like u will have to cut those els and weld them to get ur "kit"....cuz i dont think we can use plain 180s and 90s bend to make a kit in our bay....least not for the probes :darin:
mattster

Post by mattster »

yeah i heard that TKT kits were trash and thats why i was wondering if it was one. anyway if anyone decides to buy it please tell me how it works out.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

own? hehe. i really wasnt trying to piss anyone off. if the numbers are correct i dont think its a bad deal. besides my kit is from tkt and it fits fine?? i know you guys have heard things but i dont think there all that bad. when it comes down to it people are buying, and just because they arent paying attention to every last detail that doesnt make it a bad kit. some kits including greddy dont incude an intercooler. does that make them horrible---no it doesnt. it means that some upgrading has to be done to make it better. tell ya what find a single turbo kit for a mx3 gs somewhere else if you dont like it. :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

for the price of the "kit", i'd assume it would bolt right on w/o any problems. A custom kit with a bigger turbo and better intercooler could be put together for the same price range
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>own? hehe. i really wasnt trying to piss anyone off. if the numbers are correct i dont think its a bad deal. besides my kit is from tkt and it fits fine?? i know you guys have heard things but i dont think there all that bad. when it comes down to it people are buying, and just because they arent paying attention to every last detail that doesnt make it a bad kit. some kits including greddy dont incude an intercooler. does that make them horrible---no it doesnt. it means that some upgrading has to be done to make it better. tell ya what find a single turbo kit for a mx3 gs somewhere else if you dont like it. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hope nothing ever goes wrong with your "kit", because TKT will either blame you, or deny selling it to you.<P>He's a crook...a big ol Crap-selling Crook...
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
HondaAssassyn

Post by HondaAssassyn »

Talk to Evolution Motorsports... they can custom make just about anything you need and it will bolt right in<P><A HREF="http://www.evolutionmotorsports.net" TARGET=_blank>Evolution Home</A>

Return to “Forced Induction”