B6T and BPT

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
zx6r

B6T and BPT

Post by zx6r »

what cars are these engines out of stock?<P>i wanna check locally before i think of going to the states..<P>thanks =]<P>Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
OsoSlo z28

Re: B6T and BPT

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

to repeat and add on to that:<P>the b6t(132hp n. american, 140hp european, and 150hp j-spec) is from the late 80's 323 gtx<BR>the 1.8t bpt came in two trims; <BR> 90-94 j-spec 323 gtx(180hp)<BR> 90-94 j-spec 323 gtr(210hp)
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

so the 90+ 323's are only the japanese ones I'm assuming and i'm not gonna find one up here ??<P>thanks
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

You can only find the B6T in North America. The BPT was only available in other parts of the world. The B6T was available in the BF chassis 323 GT and GTX, with the GTX being AWD and the GT being FWD. <BR>The BPT was put in the BG chassis Protege/323, the ones that look like the car in my sig, but not here in North America. We got the BP, which is the non-turbo version, but all that means is slightly higher (8.8:1 or 9.0:1 compression depending on year) and plumbing. That engine is readily available everywhere, and corksport sells the manifold and turbo for about 650, however, I know a guy who can get the whole BPT motor for about that cost. He will also do swaps, stand alones, the works. <P>All the B series motors are damn near indestructable. They will hold ridiculous amounts of power out of the stock blocks, and do it with no problem.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

hey bro, spread the wealth. i'm looking into getting the bpt soon(next couple of months). if you(or the guy you know) can get it cheaper than what corksport sells it for, let me know. also, how much would he charge to do the bpt swap incl swapping the harness, fabricating the i/c and exhaust setup? thanks.<p>[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “Forced Induction”