Supercharger/ re-enforcing engine

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Supercharger/ re-enforcing engine

Post by Shady469 »

I looked at a civic motor and its ours flipped 180 degrees(kinda sorta). In that case would a supercharger work on our car with a little bit of tweaking? even if the civic super doesnt work is there any other platform that might work?<BR>How does one go about strengthening the engine? like what do i need? ive got an SOHC and i wanna spray the sh!t out of it.<BR>thanx in advance
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
David Coleman

Re: Supercharger/ re-enforcing engine

Post by David Coleman »

The 1.6 SOHC will take 10psi easy. It's a fairly stout block. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Go for it dood...although i think nitrous would be the more efficient/cheaper way to gain HP...plus It won't be on all the time so you won't waste as much gas either
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

most of the Eaton blowers have bypass valves so youre not in boost, and wasting gas too badly. <P>One thing though, if you gonna be doing a supercharger, make sure you spray after the blower...there have been problems with the nitrous taking off the laminate in the blower housing that seals everything.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Forced Induction”