can't remove molding 2 change to indiglo gauges

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MarkMoore

can't remove molding 2 change to indiglo gauges

Post by MarkMoore »

I got indiglo gauges, and now i can't put em in!! haha!! i know i'm not retarded, so that can't be it......Well lemme tell ya the problem first... i unscrewed the 3 screws that hold the molding in place in front of the little clear plastic panel. Now the top part of the molding is loosened. The bottom part seems like it's still secured by something though. I pull and pull and pull and it doesn't wanna come off....i know i'm not weak, so that can't be it....I could pull harder, but i'm afraid i'll snap the whole thing in half...and besides it should NOT be that hard to pop that thing out....so what's the secret? am i supposed to pull a certain way? did i miss screws somewhere. is my mx cursed? Holler back young ones
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: can't remove molding 2 change to indiglo gauges

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the bottom part has 2 screws in it...there's a rubber flap on top that covers them..lift that rubber part and what do we see...2 magical screws..haha..good luck
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Take the plastic parts off that surround the steering column - and all will be reveiled.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Typhoonk:
Take the plastic parts off that surround the steering column - and all will be reveiled.
i dont remember if there's 2 or 3 under there, but i do remember thes one where you need a really long screw driver
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”