Rims

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
race_me_baby

Rims

Post by race_me_baby »

Hey, I'm a newbie lol so I appreciate your guidance. I want to get some nice, reasonably priced rims for my Mx-3. My questions are 1) What is the difference between a rim and a hubcap? and 2) What types/kinds of rims fit our stock tires the best?

I live in Ontario, Canada. Thx for any help!! ~Lynx
:driver:

P.S. Just got my car painted and some pretty nice new subs. Please have a look and tell me what you think.
My 1993 Precidia MX-3 GS in the works. Wicked New Paint Job, New 10" subs
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/589196
MX3-Freak

Re: Rims

Post by MX3-Freak »

Rims - made of lighter weight alloy, and the out side is made to be finished looking. Thus it is one piece, and has no cover (other then the lug nut caps some have).

Hub Caps - They basically cover up the black, ugly, and heavy steel rims you might see when some looses their hub cap. If you have an RS just take pff your hub cap and you will see your nice black steel rim.

Rims are far superior in every area but durability. Some of the extremely light wieght ones will dent and warp if you hit harsh bumps on the street. However, most can take the same abuse as steel rims.

As for cheap places to buy...if you find any, let me know about them. lol... :laugh:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “Appearance”