my new mx w/kit pics!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
justintoxicated

my new mx w/kit pics!

Post by justintoxicated »

my name is justin i am new to this board...ok so i just bought this car off my friend for $1000 bucks. its a 92 mx3 1.8l v6 5 speed. my friend loved the car and put a lot of work into it. mods include custom air intake, exhaust, fx designs combat front spoiler, combat side skirts, altezza tail lights, cut springs (hehe), motegi racing wheels and fender flares, what do you guys think? still needs some work...(paint job, mesh grille, lights etc...) but i think i got a good deal...runs great has 125,000 miles...i think i am gonna repaint it the original color i think it suites the car nicely...i also had a question about those little rectangular squares in the front spoiler, what goes in there? i was thinking fog lights but they seem a bit too high for those...ill try to get better pics of what im talking about...any ideas? anyway thanks for checking it out let me know what you think...ideas, tips etc... pics of my mx3

<small>[ June 04, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: justintoxicated ]</small>
Got Rice? You do!
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: my new mx w/kit pics!

Post by Josh »

looks like a sweet deal. the little rectangle holes are for like fog lihgts or something. the turn signals are actually supposed to be mounted next to the rectangles. but look kinda sweet where they are.

also one of the first things i would do is get rid of the cut springs, very dangerous. get some real springs. you will be alot better off.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Looks good, and looks ready to paint. I'd just take that fart can muffler off for a regular looking exhaust tip.....and those 'radioactive' badges on the front and back.....since you're painting your car, throw them out and buy the right Mazda logo , MX3, and V6 badges off someone's parts car to go on after the paint job. And for god's sake don't drive around for two years with a primered car waiting to get it painted. If you have to get a cheap paint job, fine. Anything's better than primered, and some people with primered cars I swear never intend to ever paint their cars, which makes me wonder why they primered it in the first place.
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

the only cars i think that belong in primer, are over stroked V8 muscle. but i agree with lake... dont leave an import in the primer for to long.. lol
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

:werd: looks like your passenger altezza has water in it. Mine did that too. sux.
But anyway, you got one heck of a deal with that car, bro. Now, get yourself a paint job and a ZE for some real fun!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
tical

Post by tical »

dont knock on primer, the very best paint jobs start out with it, makes a great base for the paint to stick to. and plus, those cars could have had body work done, and with body work, u have to prime of the mud, that might be all they could aford for right now, so they go head and prime the whole car.... just my 2 cents oh yeah, i do agree, cant leave an import primered too long....mines just gettin ready to be primed up...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
seneca

Post by seneca »

Looks good dude. But yeah, you gotta get paint. Check mine out. YOu can barely see the metallic and pearls in it...but they're there ;)
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

put those turn lights up more
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Johnomx3

Post by Johnomx3 »

Those turn signals look pretty alright there, im picking up the FX designs combat front bumper for one hell of a deal, and planned on puttin my turns down there too, and puttin those lil circle fog lights in the square holes. also wanna get some side markers and make em blink with the turns...
Dual '92 RS's, Both white, one RS spoiler on standard daily driver and a automatic parts car.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588315
justintoxicated

Post by justintoxicated »

hey thanks for the input, and advice everyone...i will get more pics up soon of progress, when i make some...anyone know of a good set of foglights that fit perfectly in those little holes? any ideas would be apreciated...also, what kind of turn signals fit up top in those bigger wholes? i have heard crx lights...anyone know? i wanted to just get the mx-3 lights in clear...i thought that would look sweet...i am gonna finish sanding the car, take off those radioactive emblems (replace w/stock) finish the body work, then paint the car, then get mesh for the grille. ill keep you posted on the progress. thanks again
Got Rice? You do!

Return to “Appearance”